Chapter 1

Please note, the song I used is my own. Do not copy nor repeat without Prior consent. And even after I say you can, please give me proper credit. Thank you.

I walked across the lakes shore. I felt the cold sand beneath my feet. The moon gently shone down on me, bathing me in its silvery light. Everything was peaceful. No one here but me.

I sat down, letting the waves wash over me. It soaked through my f/c dress. The water caressed my soft legs, persuading me to go deeper. To swim out to the tree.

I would have, but Link would be upset.

"You'll get a cold!" He'd complain.

It was sweet and all, but he was too overprotective. The cold never bothered me. The only time I would get sick is if someone passed it to me.

I watched as the night fairies began to descend down the waterfall. As always, they would dance until the sun rises, then return to sleep. Sometimes the scarecrows would join, too. Singing sweet tunes, swaying to the beat.

The little balls of light twirled around the glass surface of Lake Hylia. It was as though the water was solid. They played so gently. I wish to join them.

I stood up, brushing the dirt from my dress. I walked deeper into the clear dancefloor, getting closer to the fairies.

They didn't run. They knew me well. I would visit almost every night, should Link be fast asleep.

The balls of light fluttered around me, singing the songs of their people. I smiled as they landed on my shoulders, gently tugging at my skin to play with them.

I put my hands out for them to rest on. The dancing would make them exhausted. They urged me to sing for them, which I happily obliged to.

"Hush now child, do not cry. For fear is holding you too tight. Breathe so slowly through the night. But will you wake in morning light?"

A few more sat on me as I sang. "Hear the monster, in your closet. See the monster in the air. Feel the monster under your bed. Know that it got inside your head~"

"Look out the window, say what you see. Breath in the dense air and let the monsters be. Ever so slowly you will heal, but at the moment you won't feel~"

They started to hum along. I smiled slightly. Their cute little voices were perfect additions. "Hear the waves in the ocean of despair. Do not shout or he will appear. Stay so silent, feel the breeze. Do not fear for he will come, come and bring you near~"

Although I couldn't see it, I could tell they were grinning. My mom would always sing me that lullaby. She was friends with the fairies, too. I think it might run in the family.

They slowly flew off of me, back to playing in the soothing waters. I should probably be leaving soon. Link would be worried sick if he woke up without me.

I walked away from the multi-coloured glows. They already knew my predicament. And they knew I would always return. There were no need for goodbyes. When there was, that meant I'd be leaving for a long time.

I headed back towards the gate with a cool mind. Link should still be asleep right now. I shouldn't have too much to worry about... I think. There could always be monster waiting for perfect prey.

A stalfo walked on by. It paid no attention to me. Now that I think about it, none of them did. Maybe since Ganondorf's gone, they're more peaceful? A likely explanation.

I traveled the same old path, back to me and Link's cabin. It was simple, made of wood and stone. Just how we liked it. A simple life, with nobody to bother us. Unless, of course, the Princess were to need something. Thankfully though, it's not often.