Chapter 2

I stirred the oatmeal. The heat rose to my face and engulfed it, causing sweat to drip down it. It mixed with the water from my eyes.

Link was always like this; no matter what I did... He never paid me much attention. Sure he talks to me while we eat... And maybe a bit at night... But he never took me anywhere, or wanted to do more.

I know he wants a simple life, and to just live peacefully after defeating Ganon... But it gets boring never doing anything. He was too overprotective.

I want a bit of spice in my life. Adventure, even. I've considered ending our two-year relationship. So I can be with someone better, who actually cares for me. And doesn't force me to do all the work...

When he gets up I'll talk to him. Even if it makes him upset- both of us, I have to do it. Maybe then I can have more of a life outside this home that isn't a job.

I can offer for us to stay friends, but who knows what people will think? Will they think I just want him for fame? He is the Hero of Time, after all...

I continued making the hot, soft breakfast. Maybe it'd be easier to convince Link that I mean no harm when I break up with him... If he even lets me.

The last person he was with had to run away so she could get away from him. I should've seen that red flag when I first got with him; maybe then I wouldn't be in this mess.

But he was so sweet at first, with the millions of stars dancing in those ocean like eyes... The way his lips would curve into a sly grin when he was about to do something stupid. That's what made me fall for him... Just the simple looks on his face is what brought me deep into this ocean of once was what calm, until there were no waves to jump over and splash in.

The door creaked and I could tell Link had finally gotten out of bed. But, he only gets up whenever the smell of breakfast is in the air. Just like normal. He never made it, or even helped. He just... Stayed there. And watched as I took care of the house.

Maybe it could be because he's a hero..? And he really just wants a break from everything for once in his life. It could be that, it wouldn't surprise me. But either way, I feel like he could do a bit more.

An arm snaked around my waist and a chin nuzzled into my neck. I desperately wanted to sigh softly and giggle like all the other times, but now my heart just isn't in it...

"Hey, let me finish..." Link yawned and took the spoon away. "You can't be the only one doing things around here..."

I stood in shock. He's never done this before, so why now? What caused him to change?

"Noticed you seemed stressed all the time... And that I never really did anything..." Link stroked my hair softly as he placed a loving kiss on my forehead. "So, figured I should start doing things more often... Don't wanna lose you for being a terrible boyfriend..."

I looked into those sky-blue eyes. I could see my own, sweaty reflection in those irises... But I can also see love. Love from him... Something I never thought would happen in our entire relationship. "... Really? You... You really love me..?"

He stopped stirring the oatmeal to cup my face. "Of course... You're the love of my life, how couldn't I?"

I turned around to hug him. He did the same, squeezing my small, frail body into his chest. It hurt to breathe, definitely, but he was... Actually showing me affection... That he cared... "Link..." I whimpered as I hid my face in his green-clad chest. "I love you..."

"I love you too..." He went back to finishing breakfast. I stayed right there, holding his non-dominant arm that was still around me. I guess I don't have to break up with him... Or at least, if he keeps this up.

Daughter of the DevilOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara