Chapter 3

WARNING! CONTAINS MENTIONS OF RAPE (NOT ELABORATED, JUST HAPPENS) AND HAS GORE INVOLVED. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Before I knew it Link's copy had me in his arms. He grinned down at me and placed a tender kiss to my lips. "Shh... Shh... Don't worry... I got you." He rocked me like a baby, continuing to quiet me as I cried.

He was not Link, and never will be. He was a murderer, a kidnapper, the person everyone feared when there was any sign people were suggesting him in a conversation. The person who's name strikes fear into hearts. And if he saw you, you might as well kill yourself right where you are, because if he did it, he wouldn't be merciful.

He continued to hold me and run his hands through my hair. "Don't worry, it's fine. Link won't hurt you any more." He smiled, showing his fangs. "Never again will you have to deal with someone so horrible as him."

I shook in the beings arms. He walked out the room, still muttering sweet words to me. It was soothing, coming from someone who was taking me away from the only home I ever knew. But his voice was hollow. Almost like he was saying that to calm me down. As though he never meant it, just like Link. My hero, who I doubted would try to help me, always did that. Nothing he said meant anything.

Yet at the same time it was obvious Dark Link meant it, the fact he wanted me to feel better. He put so much meaning into those simple words. His heart was beating ever so slow. Like it wasn't really there, only a replacement for what there should've been. But the beat was calming, gentle. Soft.

I closed my eyes and rested my head on his chest. Even if it was morning, I was somehow so, so tired. I wanted nothing more than to sleep in those arms that held me dearly. To just stay there with nothing but the swaying, beating, closeness.

"That's it, just sleep... Everything will be fine, my dear, sweet rose."

There was nothing but water. A single tree stood in the middle. There were clouds that were above. But they were fake. A mere illusion. Mist was the only walls that kept me in this circle. I could easily go past it, but find myself trapped with monsters. So many of them.

The water was shallow. I could clearly see my reflection. My lips were curved into a soft smile. But my eyes had tears streaming down, making it clear that my smile was fake. It was pained. Twisted. My skin was eroding away until there was nothing but bone. Then it started to grow vines, sprouting flowers, becoming ever so fruitful. My skin grew back, and my expression was happy, smiling. But covered in blood. The look of an insane person. I screamed.

I couldn't bear to see my reflection, and watch as I slowly became corrupted. I backed into the tree. I looked up at the dead branches. Despite all the water here it was barren. Hollow. Beautiful. It slowly regained its colour, no longer being dormant. Leaves sprouted out the twigs. A vibrant pink, making it obvious it was a cherry blossom tree. So lovely. The petals fell down, each lost one dropping into the bloody water and withering. And each branch had corpses hanging from a noose. Some were struggling to breathe. Others have long rotted away. One of which was mine. And it was smiling. I fell back and looked up.

The clouds. There were none. The sun was shining brightly ahead. Pure white balls of cotton floated, blocking the suns light, shielding it from my eyes. More clouds moved together, starting to bunch up. It became darker. And darker. Thunder boomed and lightning crackled. It started to drizzle, soaking my body ever so slightly. Then it hardened. It began to pound on me. It became so hard that my vision was blurred. The water from the floor rose and pooled around my feet. The clouds parted to show a laughing face. That was my face. It was insane. I looked to the mist and ran towards it, trying to get out of the rain.