Scene 16 - Chase

We see the four different pods floating around the Earth's orbit in various different positions around the world, like predators swarming around their prey. The satellite dish at the Dinorod base spins as it picks up transmissions of the pods. We cut to a different area inside the base, part of the large chunky area of the complex. This is the section that stores various artefacts from other planets for safe keeping. One factory space inside contains glassed alien artefacts, various props from previous SUPERMARIONATION episodes for continuity purposes. An entrance to the factory room is up a red metal staircase. A control console is on the left to the wall with another entrance behind the wall. In the centre lies a large silver sealed tank with more controls to operate inside. Blue pumps lead from the ground up to the wall from next to the tank. A glass screen is present for us to look inside. Nothing is inside for the moment. We see Space Navigator Narvara wandering through inspecting the factory storeroom. He looks in at the empty glass container and begins talking to himself.

Narvara:

One day, this establishment will contain a whole new lease of life. Protected, self-sufficient, and catalogued by Dinorod. The Dinotron Cultivator can rewrite an organism's DNA into a totally new form of life. The techniques of cellular regeneration remain as secret and as impossible to comprehend as a bumble bee's ability to fly. One day, some privileged being in the galaxy will be able to transform its genetics into an organism new to this universe.

He begins wandering around to view the artefacts in the bay.

A fascinating achievement here at Dinorod. I'd love to study this new plant life further. It would make an excellent case study for experimentation in the Cultivator.

His radio bleeps – a portable silver device. It is Jasper's voice we hear.

Yes?

Jasper:

Space Navigator Narvara, sir. The four remaining pods seem to be closing in towards Earth's orbit. Their paths of trajectory are being calculated now.

Narvara:

Right. I shall return to the Observation Bay at once.

He closes off the radio.

Now we may be able to find out more about these pods.

KABOOM! POW! An Angel zooms back up into the air after attacking the black saloon. Saleb does his best to control the car, but the windows are cracking restricting his view. The saloon's engine is starting to clog up with sand and grinds unhappy sounds.

Saleb:

I... I can't continue this for much longer. She won't last it! The sand is already in the engine!

We see the SPV rushing to the left of the screen again, and then cut inside to see Captains Scarlet and Blue.

Captain Blue:

There they are ahead.

Captain Scarlet:

Right.

Saleb sees the SPV in the distance.

Saleb:

An SPV!

The car tries to make for the road, as the SPV spins around and begins pursuit. The saloon tries to escape, but the SPV hurries behind.

Captain Blue:

What's the plan of action?

Captain Scarlet:

The car doesn't look in that good shape. If we could force him to stop, then he would have to go in by foot. He wouldn't last long out here.

We see the pod on the passenger seat in the saloon. It crunches as its circular shape begins cracking. The black car speeds off down the road, followed by the SPV, then the Angels overhead. Captain Scarlet watches the car in front on the TV monitor. The pod then cracks open. A large sickly green root bursts up, as it makes a horrid wrenching hissing from opening. Saleb looks at the pod and screams when more roots spur out across the car.

Saleb:

RRRAAAARRRGGHHHHH!!!!

The roots reach for Saleb, wrapping around his neck, torso, and limbs like tentacles from an octopus. The car goes out of control. The SPV slows down as the saloon flips upside down as it crashes before it pulls up with a large distance between the SPV and crashed saloon.

Captain Scarlet:

Well. Seems as though it gave out sooner than we thought. Let's see if the pod is alright.

SMASH! SMASH! CRASH! The roots of the plants spew out from the car, growing out and rapidly spreading itself out to attack. It makes a horrid drawling and hissling, and the roots rise up into the air to attack.

Captain Blue:

Look out!

Captain Scarlet quickly presses the button on the SPV control box as the missile canon is revealed and launches at the plant monster. POW! BANG! KABOOM! KABANG! The plant roars as the explosion burns itself up and the car. It is left to crackle.

My god. What on earth is that?

Captain Scarlet:

It's hatched. And we got to it just in time. That must be what sent the car out of control.

Captain Blue:

Yeah. And I don't think there's much point looking for the Mysteron agent.

Captain Scarlet:

We have far more important things to worry about now, Adam. There are another four of those pods still in orbit. We only just got to it when one hatched. Imagine if that got out to a city like Cairo.

Captain Blue:

Yes. We will report to the Angels and Cloudbase.

We cut to view the Cloudbase exterior, before viewing the interior of the Command Deck. The revolving desk has a blue light lit up.

Colonel White:

I see, Captain. Well, at least we have some idea what we are up against with these pods.

Three white lights flash up on the desk.

This is Colonel White to Angels 1, 2, and 3.

We see Destiny Angel's cockpit and hear Colonel White's voice. This cuts between Harmony's, Melody's, and then back to Destiny's

You will return to Cloudbase immediately. We have done all we can. We do know a little further about the pods and will utilise what we know to prepare ourselves when the next four arrive.

Destiny:

S.I.G. Colonel. Returning to Cloudbase.

We see the three Angels accelerate to the right of the screen. This then transitions to the SPV returning down the track.

Captain Blue:

Well, do you think the top concern is still to find out what these pods are?

Captain Scarlet:

It shouldn't be. People's safety should be our top concern. A burnt up plant might be of interest to some scientists. After all, the Mysterons are behind this. As the Colonel pointed out, there are still another four in orbit.

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...