Scene 18 - Arrival To Energy Field

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...

We see Fireball XL5 blasting through space and can see a strange little cloud in the far distance. Around them lies nothing but creepy blackness. No stars are present due to the ship coming to the edge of the universe. This then changes to see Fireball's interior. Steve and Robert helm the controls, and Venus stands behind Steve. We will hear Commander Zero's voice on the radio.

Steve Zodiac:

Fireball XL5 to Space City, we are approaching the energy field. We have it on visual contact.

Commander Zero:

Ok, Steve. Keep in constant radio communication. We've encountered some strange things before, but nothing this peculiar.

Steve Zodiac:

Roger, Commander Zero. Wouldn't want to harm anything we have planned tonight, Venus.

Dr. Venus:

How could we forget, Steve?

Steve Zodiac:

Professor Matic, any more data we have been able to extract from the cloud?

We see Matic in the Observation Bay, reading the data on his monitor.

Professor Matic:

Well, basic things first, our theories about the cloud appear to be true. As we get closer to the origin of the signal, we are able to understand it far better.

Steve Zodiac:

Can we go through it?

Professor Matic:

Hmmm. Don't see why not. Hey Steve, we're getting a signal transmitting through to Fireball.

A voice booms through Fireball as the spaceship approaches the cloud.

Investigator:

This is the voice of the future. You have followed my instructions precisely and I am grateful for your presence here, especially considering how far you are from your home planet.

Zoonie in the lounge begins hiding behind the sofa, afraid of the voice booming into Fireball.

My message I have sent to you concerns every man, woman, and child on your Earth. All your questions will be answered when you pass through the mist. Please do not be afraid. I have no wish to harm you. But the information I am about to share with you must be acted upon for the safety of your civilisation.

Steve Zodiac:

Can we communicate back with it?

Professor Matic:

Afraid not, Steve. Wouldn't know how.

Dr. Venus:

As the voice said, we'd better head into the cloud.

Steve Zodiac:

Maintain course, Robert.

Robert:

MMAAINNTTTAAIIINNN CCCOOURRSSSSEEE!!!! MMAAAIINNTTAAINNN CCCOURRRSEEEE!!!!

Fireball XL5 then enters the eerie cloud. The strange mist fills around them.

Steve Zodiac:

It's getting a little misty around here. Commander Zero, are you getting this?

Commander Zero:

Receiving you A1, Steve. We have your position still, and that of the cloud. Just as well our charters can read every spec of the known universe so that...