Scene 17 - The Other 4 Pods

We see the four different pods in various areas in space, descending in Earth's atmosphere. The dark sky around them transforms into the aqua blue sky. Heat fries on the pods as the redness suggests around them. In the Observation Bay at the Space Commission, Narvara returns to the control room and sits in his designated chair. The white marks of the arriving pods beginning to enter Earth's orbit are as follows; one descending towards America, one to the Mediterranean, another to Scotland, and the other still appears to be orbiting the Earth.

Narvara:

Anything?

Jasper:

We have a fix on the other four, sir. We have positions for North America, the Mediterranean, and Scotland. The exact trajectories will be calculated when they arrive closer to their arrival time. Like with the first one.

Narvara:

And the fifth pod, Navigator Jasper?

Jasper:

Course is still random. Disappearing in cloud cover at this rate.

Narvara:

The first one appears to be a scout. Now the invasion force is on its way.

He clicks a button to communicate on the radio.

This is the Dinorod Space Commission calling Spectrum Headquarters Cloudbase, and Space City. We have positions on the remaining four pods.

We cut to see Thunderbird 5 in space and then see John inside listening still on transmissions.

Commander Zero:

We have that position, Dinorod! Thanks.

Colonel White:

Right. Keep in contact with the position of the pods. We were unsuccessful with the first. It hatched when my men try to retrieve the pod. A massive plant creature was released and grew to a massive size within a minute. Because my men were attacked, the plant had to be destroyed.

Commander Zero:

Gee, seems as though we have four of those on their way to separate parts of the world. If they're released and let loose, Colonel-

Colonel White:

The consequences will be incalculable.

The call involving Dinorod has ended. Jasper turns to his superior.

Jasper:

Did you get that, sir? They said it grew to a massive size within only a minute.

Narvara:

I sure heard it alright. But the orders haven't changed. We must capture these pods for investigation. We have five chances out of one to get them. Now it's down to four to one.

Jasper:

Is that wise, sir? Can we control the plant?

Narvara:

Our orders are not to be questioned! It would make a perfect experiment in the Dinotron Cultivator. The thought of it crossed my mind on my rest break. It was just when I was inspecting our artefacts as I usually do during my time off at work. It could be the first organism to undergo cellular regeneration.

Jasper:

Isn't it too soon to put something like these plants inside the Cultivator? We hardly know what the Cultivator's conversions can predict. The principle of it was only mastered within the last year to be utilised in safe conditions.