Scene 24 - Lady Penelope and Parker

We zoom in slowly to view the exterior of Lady Penelope Creighton Ward's mansion. This then cuts to see her ladyship inside her lounge watching television with her pipe. Parker stands by the television set ensuring all is fit for viewing. Beside her is a box of chocolates on her table for her to eat. We do not see the screen but hear the voice reader. The voice over plays over Parker and Lady Penelope's conversation.

Voice Reader:

As far as we know, the first three pods have descended into our orbit with the remaining two being unspecified in their arrival destinations. The situation is in hand, and there is no cause for alarm. What is fascinating among astrologers and scientists to investigate is the arrival of sentient plant life that has come to our planet. We will have more updates later in this program.

Parker:

Will that be all, m'lady?

Lady Penelope:

Yes, thank you, Parker. That will be all. The news is most distressing. I do hope nothing bad happens to anyone because of these pods.

Parker:

Oh yes, m'lady. There doesn't seem to be anything else in the news today. These meteors or whatever they are seem to be pretty troubling if they have so much attention with the gutter press.

There is a bleeping in the chocolate box. A radio is built inside. With the case, Lady Penelope slides open the inside top to reveal a radio panel with controls to operate with. Jeff's voice is heard from inside.

Lady Penelope:

International Rescue, Lady Penelope speaking.

Jeff:

Hi, Penny. You are acquainted with these five pods from space that has entered the atmosphere?

Lady Penelope:

We are, Jeff. That these five pods have Martian origin and some of them have already landed here. As a matter of fact, Parker and I were watching the headlines on television. Will you be needing our services for this assignment?

Jeff:

Something very odd has happened with the pod that has landed in the vicinity of the Dinorod Space Commission in Washington. We believe it to be in the hands Mysterons. Now, Spectrum is out of action, and we need you to investigate inside and find out what has happened to that other pod.

We cut to Jeff back at his desk.

The Space Commission's equipment and facilities are top secret and we cannot gain access to the information we need. Therefore, we need you and Parker to do some investigating for us.

The shot then returns to Lady Penelope listening to Jeff's voice.

Lady Penelope:

F.A.B. Jeff. Parker and I will leave for Washington straight away. Call with details when we are en route.

Jeff:

And Penny.

Lady Penelope:

Yes, Jeff?

Jeff:

Take care. You know how deadly the Mysterons are. The Mitrochondroforms are dangerously alive vegetable life forms. And it must be destroyed at all costs.

Lady Penelope:

Very well, Jeff. We will be careful.

She ends the call.

It's wagons roll, Parker. Jeff wants us at Washington. Before any other disaster may happen over there.

Parker:

I will get the Rolls Royce out at once, m'lady.

We see the picture fade to FAB 1 driving out of the estate supplied by stock footage, and out onto the main road, speeding down to Washington...

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...