Scene 23 - Thunderbirds are go!

We view the exterior of Tracy Island, followed by a shot of the Tracy Villa. Inside, Jeff communicates with John, briefing him on the situation. Scott, Virgil, Alan, and Gordon are all present in the lounge.

John:

It seems as though they want our help pretty bad now, dad. Do you think it's time we made a move?

Jeff:

I think so, John. We've never turned down a call for help. Brief Scott when he's airborne.

John:

F.A.B.

Jeff:

You'd better get out there, Scott. The situation has turned haywire out there. Cloudbase is down and we don't know what might happen next. Fly at maximum speed to the danger zone.

Scott:

Right!

Jeff:

Virgil, take both Alan, Gordon, and Pod 3 with you.

Brains and Tintin are in the laboratory. Tintin is reading over a book and some documents, whereas Brains looks at his large monitor. The green radio box begins calling Brains. We will hear Jeff's voice on it.

Brains?

Brains:

Y-yes, M-Mr. Tracy?

Jeff:

I want you to go with the boys on this assignment. They are launching now.

Brains:

F.A.B. I'm on my way.

He leaves.

Tintin, I want you to stay in here and be prepared in case we need any sh-shred of research.

Tintin:

Very well, Brains. Send my good wishes to the boys and Alan.

We see stock footage of the Thunderbirds taking off. KABOOM! Thunderbird 1 blasts up from its hanger, up through the swimming pool, up past close to the camera, and up into the sky. KABOOM! Thunderbird 2 blasts off and takes off on its ramp. Virgil pilots the ship as the exhaust blast finishes. Back in the lounge, Jeff Tracy keeps in contact with Marineville and Space City from the control panel behind his desk. He also maintains contact with Thunderbird 5. Kyrano arrives with a tray of coffee.

Jeff:

Yes, Marineville. Thunderbirds 1 and 2 have just left. Our satellite is filling them within the details. Keep this frequency clear.

He turns back to see Kyrano.

Kyrano:

Mr Tracy? Would you care to have some coffee?

Jeff:

Oh. Thanks, Kyrano.

Kyrano begins making it for Jeff.

Kyrano:

What is the news from the special services about these strange plants?

Jeff:

Well, we've dispatched the boys to collect the pod arriving for Scotland and Marineville is taking care of the other landing in the Mediterranean. The third has apparently landed in Washington, but there's no sign of it. Apparently, some strange energy from space has taken some other special agents out from the past to help us with this emergency. It's not a lot to go on with, but we will just have to accept it.

Kyrano:

These strange, unearthly pods must come from one of the darkest corners of the universe. It may be the light that has come to save us.

John:

Father! Father!

Jeff:

What is it, John?

John:

The Dinorod base! The pod has landed there and blown it up. And something even stranger, the complex was not present on the scan when I checked it earlier, but now it is!

Jeff:

I see. Did you get that Commanders?

The voice of the Commanders are heard on the radio.

Commander Shore:

We heard. It can only mean one thing.

Commander Zero:

That Dinorod is in the hands of the Mysterons! And they would have recreated everything inside that base for their own ends.

Commander Shore:

You mean they could do something to the pods?

Jeff:

They could do anything in there for all we know.

Commander Shore:

Well what can we do about it? Marineville isn't equipped to tackle Dinorod.

Jeff:

Neither is International Rescue. We help where we can in the war of nerves but will not fight in it. These people from the past may be able to help with the matter.

Commander Zero:

Yeah. I mean, we hardly know anything about them. But those people have been sent to us for a reason.

Jeff:

And I think we may have someone who can lend a hand as well.

We look at the portrait of Lady Penelope beside the photo of John...

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...