20 - what the hell

I had wanted nothing more than to explore Italy the next day

I had wanted nothing more than to explore Italy the next day. But jet-lag is so much more real than I ever imagined.

After I woke up the next day, I was still tired. It didn't help that we all woke up when the sun was getting ready to set, either. Hayden asked if anyone wanted to go with him to get some stuff for the house, but I just couldn't. My body felt like it was in slow motion.

Avrey stayed with me but the boys left. They had been gone for hours before they finally got back with a bunch of bags and some pasta for everyone they had gotten at a restaurant in town.

And, fuck, it was the best food I'd ever eaten. The spices and the taste that just exploded on my tongue was close to perfect. I couldn't help but moan at my first taste, huffing down the rest.

I laid down in bed stuffed that night. I had never had such a huge bed in my life. Hell, the kitchen is bigger than my entire house. I have never seen a house so big, full of so many rooms and just beauty. Each room was decorated differently, but this side of the house had a beautiful view of the beach, and I loved that.

I had managed to wake up around noon the next day, so I jumped out of bed before I got stuck in falling back into sleep. I brushed my mouth and hurried down the stairs. Being the first one awake, I decided to make a small breakfast. I toasted some bread, fried up a couple pieces of bacon and scrambled eggs for everyone.

Brooks was the first one to come around the corner. "I smelled eggs."

"Morning," I wave with a spatula.

"What's the occasion?" He presses his palms on the counter and eyes me.

"We're in fucking Italy, Brooks," I shake my head. "I want to-to go to the beach, and explore the town. Go sight seeing, maybe see what kind of bars are around. Just, let go and have fun."

"That sounds like a dream," Avrey gushes, coming in from the other side of the kitchen. "Imagine all the hot, Italian guys there are just waiting to 'help' tourists."

I laugh. "Yeah! Like, what happens in Italy, stays in Italy."

"I second that!" Avrey smiles wickedly.

"Third," Brooks grins.

"Then it's settled. No questions asked about what we do here, or who," I smirk. "As long as we're safe, no questions asked."

"Sounds like a recipe for disaster," Hayden's voice makes us face him. "But I'm in."

What was this? I was getting fluttery feelings now when I saw Hayden. Especially after how sweet he was to me during my meltdown yesterday.

"Well," I sigh. "Let's eat and get ready. Because I want to go to the beach. Then party."

Everyone agreed in unison as I served everyone's plate. I sigh in content, ready for this. I needed this. Nothing was gonna ruin it for me.