bonus chapter - graduation

To say I was upset was an understatement

I was fucking livid.

This stupid ass psycho was trying to attack Lina all over again, right under all of our noses. How fucked up can you be to do that?

Was I upset that Brooks beat the ever loving shit out of him? Fuck no. But what did piss me off? When Lina's mom accused her of lying.

This was the shit she was afraid of, and her own mother couldn't believe in her. I don't know what kind of mind manipulation shit Roy has over her, but she's the worst fucking mother on the planet, no doubt.

"You're so stupid!" I shout to her mother, while Brooks and Avrey also try to yell at her. "That is your fucking daughter and you're kicking her out? What the actual fuck, lady?"

"Lina has been nothing but a problem, and I won't allow her to try and drive a wedge between Roy and I."

I was shaking. I felt like I was getting ready to explode. "You're so fucking lucky you're a lady, or I would've punched the shit out of you." I take a step back. "You know what? You doesn't deserve Lina. She's way too fucking good for you."

I turned around and walked out of the house. I was shaking, I could literally feel steam coming out of my ears. I was so pissed, but all I wanted was to grab hold of Lina and let her know that I have her, that she has a place with me always.

Enough with this petty bullshit. I'm just gonna tell her I love her.

But when I look around for her, she's not out here. I furrow my brows when I hear footsteps behind me.

"Lina?" Brooks calls out.

Avrey didn't say a word. She had tears streaming down her face, getting into her car and quickly taking off. Brooks takes a step, but stops when she keeps going.

"Where is she going?" Brooks asks.

"Fuck if I know." I mutter.

"Where'd Lina go?"

I shake my head. "I have no idea. She was already gone when I got out here."

Brooks pushes his hand through his hair, pulling his phone out of his pocket. He calls, and calls again, and calls again. But judging by the way he frustratingly locked his phone, no one's answering.

"Listen man," Brooks starts. "I appreciate you being there to help Lina when she needed it the most. Despite your history together, you're a good friend."

History? He didn't even know the half of it. And him thinking Lina is just a friend to me bothers the shit out of me.

"But right now, I need to find her. I'm sorry."

I didn't even get a say. Brooks just booked it to his car, peeling out of the drive way. And so I'm left standing there like an idiot.

And I'm left like that, for days. Because Lina didn't want anyone to know about us, so I can't exactly pry for information from Brooks or Avrey. All I got was an she's okay, I'm gonna take care of her from both of them.