28 - wait for me

Brooks was wasted

Brooks was wasted.

In celebration, he decided to go crazy and get drunk. Which, in turn, made me feel like garbage if I just left him there.

I tried to drag him out, but he was so heavy, I couldn't do it alone. It wasn't until I was halfway to the front door that Hayden saw us.

"Brooks," he shakes his head. "You're such a fucking lightweight, man."

With his eyes closed, he just smiled. "I'm having a blast, Hayden," he slurred. "You should try it some time. Get laid. I think that's why you're so snappy lately."

I look at Hayden, who's cheeks turned light pink. He anchored Brooks on him as he started hauling him out of the house.

"You ought to be nicer to the person who's driving you home."

"Aw," Brooks pats Hayden's face, making me snort. "You know I'm the bestest friend you'll ever have."

Hayden rolls his eyes, unlocking the door. He practically throws Brooks in, wrestling with him to get his seatbelt on. Once he does, he shuts the door and looks at me.

"Wait for me here."

"Or," I pull out my phone. "I can Uber to your place."

Hayden blinks, like he hadn't thought of that. He nods, messing with his keys until he pulls one off, extending it to me.

"My mom should already be asleep, so just wait for me in my room."

I open my palm, waiting for the key. He places it in my hand, his fingers lingering momentarily. I look up at him, already feeling the tension burning between us.

"I mean it, Lina." He says low. "Wait for me."

"I will."

He nods. After a moment of hesitation, he turns and climbs in the car. The engine comes to life and he takes off down the road, disappearing into the night. I sigh, pulling up my Uber app.

I wait on the curb until my car pulls up, then climb in the back. Thankfully, the driver wasn't up for much small talk, so my mind was on one thing: Hayden.

As much as it didn't seem like it, months have already passed. That kiss in the bathroom felt like a lifetime ago, now.

Now, we're going to a whole other level.

The things I feel for Hayden are...strange, to say the least. He makes me feel so many different emotions I didn't know were even possible.

When it comes to sex, he always lights me up. I swear, I've never been turned on by a guy as much as Hayden West. Lately, all he has to do is look at me and I'm ready to drop to my knees and suck him like a lollipop. He excites me in a way that I've never had the chance to have yet—almost like he's giving me control, but we both know he's the one running the show.