bonus chapter - fiancé

Hayden and I were so done

I was so beyond pissed at him, I couldn't even believe him. After all his promises, he just broke them? Is that something men think they're just entitled to? Breaking their promises?

Well, you know what, fuck him.

I slam open the door to our apartment that's a few blocks away from campus, marching straight to the bonus room where we throw all our extra shit and rummage around for my luggage. Then I huff and march to our shared room.

I flick on the light and slam open the closet door, grabbing everything that's mine and shoving it into the luggage, hanger and all. My cute dresses, tops, everything was being squished into the tiny compartment of the suitcase, which is just sad.

This is sad.

But I'm also angry. All these years of promises for what? Just to throw them down the drain?

The front door opening catches my attention. The door shuts, Hayden's voice following. "Lina, baby? You here?"

My heart almost melts, but then the anger returns. He doesn't get to Lina baby me after what I just saw. So I ignore him, opening my drawers and grabbing all my bras and underwear when Hayden started talking again.

"Lina, I need to—what the hell is happening?"

I glare at him as I shove my things in my luggage. "I'm leaving."

"What? Why?"

"We're over, Hayden. Fuck you."

"I'm sorry," Hayden blinks and steps into the room. "What?"

"You heard me." I pause to look at him and dramatically say, "we're over."

Hayden blinks, confusion and hurt covering his beautiful features. "Why the hell do you keep saying that?"

Damn him for being so beautiful. His face has filled out more over the years, his hair longer than its ever been passing his ears. He's really pulling off this hot, mysterious artist thing—which is probably why I caught him not more than twenty minutes ago.

"I decided to surprise you," I say, shoving my shoes that were thrown on the floor into the mess of my stuff. "You looked so sad when I said I'd be busy studying because these finals are kicking my ass. But it must've been an act, right? Because you didn't look sad when I came to that dumb-as-shit frat party anyway, only to find fucking Shelly Patensky feeling you up. And when she tried to shove her tongue down your throat? Didn't see any objections either."

That was all true. It's my junior year of college, getting ready for summer, and Hayden's getting ready to graduate. The past three years haven't been easy, especially for someone like me who's struggled in school. But this year, it's just gotten worse. I can barely maintain a C average, and that's with me studying my ass off. So the past three weeks has been nothing but me focusing on working, studying, reading, and absolutely no distractions.