25 - insatiable

Lina was fast asleep in my arms last night

Lina was fast asleep in my arms last night. Once she was, I took some time to just look at her—her soft skin, her round cheeks, soft jawline...how beautiful she was up close and personal, without needing to try.

It had my heart acting all sorts of ways.

But it made me kinda happy, knowing that she felt safe enough to sleep in my arms. Hell, I'd give up not sleeping forever if it meant that she'd feel safe enough to relax like that.

Of course, after she woke up in the middle of the night, she kicked me out. I tried to put up a fight, but she argued that she didn't want Brooks catching us together and gave me the cutest damn look I couldn't refuse.

So I went back home, sneaking my way back upstairs. I'd have to leave for school in less than two hours, so I figured I could sneak a quick nap in, because it wasn't until I got here that I realized how dead tired I was.

So I figured I could take a nap, but it wasn't until I heard knocking on my door that I jumped out of bed.

"Hayden? Are you okay?" My mom calls out. "I saw your car is still here, didn't know if you were staying in from school or not."

I looked at my phone, already ten. I curse, running to my closet.

"Sorry, mom. Overslept. I'm on my way out, now!"

I throw my shirt over my head and pull a random black one off the hanger, pulling it over my body. I run my fingers through my hair as I grab my wallet and my phone and open the door. I kiss my mom on the cheek as I rush past her, plucking my keys off the counter where I left them and running outside.

I speed a bit to get to school, only to get a reprimanding look from the woman behind the desk.

Yeah, yeah. Oversleeping isn't a good excuse for being late. Sue me.

I roll my eyes as I grab the slip from her and walk down the hallway. I checked my phone, a little disappointed to see Lina hadn't texted me at all today. I shove my phone back in my pocket and walk to class.

I knock, waiting for the door to my calc class to open. The girl who opened it grins at me, so I give her a generous nod. I hand the slip to Mr. Walker and head to my seat, away from most people.

I know I should be focusing on whatever it is I was missing, but I couldn't. I take out my phone, pulling up mine and Lina's messages. I kinda hope to see the little message bubbles pop up, but they aren't there. I frown, starting to type a message.

Then I stop.

Then I start again.

Then stop.