TWELVE

"Drew?" Neil whispered shaking the alpha
awake.

Andrew jolted awake, almost hitting Neil in the face on accident. Neil lurched back at the last moment, but cried out in pain at his sudden movements.

"Fuck I'm sorry!" Andrew said quickly, moving to his omegas side. "I didn't do that on purpose."

"I-I know," Neil said though his breathing was slightly ragged from being startled. "Just scared me."

"I know bunny," Andrew soothed scratching Neils head. "How do you feel?"

Neil leaned into Andrews touch, "Better."

Andrew looked over at the clock and saw that it was just a few minutes past 8 am the following day, meaning Neils heat should have broke not to long ago.

"Do you feel up to a shower?" Andrew asked examining Neils state.

Neil blushed under Andrews gaze. "Can you help me? I don't know if I can on my own," he admits.

"Of course," Andrew says kissing his omegas forehead and getting up. "Bath or shower?"

Neil grimaced as he looked down at himself. "I don't want to sit in my own sweat and slick, shower."

Andrew snorted as he headed over to the bathroom and started the shower head so the water would warm up. He went back out and grabbed the bag of clothes Abby had brought them at some point and took out the extra clothes and laid them on the counter in the bathroom. She had also put in some body wash and shampoo and conditioner, knowing they would both be in major need of a nice shower after 24 hours of nothing but sex.

He went back out and saw Neil had pulled his knees up to his chest and was hugging them tightly. His chin was tucked between them and lip was quivering from how hard he was trying not to cry. Andrew had trouble smelling anything under how clouded his nose was from the smell of Neils heat, but after a few seconds he could smell the shame and embarrassment wafting off of his omega.

He moved to quickly sit down next to Neil. "What's wrong?" he asked .

Neil shook his head and turned his face away from Andrew.

"Look at me," Andrew said, not touching the omega in the state he was in right now. Neil whined in complaint but he turned his head to face his alpha.

"What's wrong?" Andrew asked again. "You can tell me."

"I can't say, you'll get mad at me," Neil sniffed.

"I won't get mad, tell me what's wrong," Andrew said while trying to get himself to produce a calming scent strong enough to break through whatever haze Neil was in right now.

"I'm sorry," Neil muttered.

"Hey," Andrew said sternly. "You have nothing to apologise for."

Neil whimpered as he hid his face between his knees. "I told you you'd be mad."

"Im not mad, Im just stating the truth. You have nothing to apologise for bunny."

"Your not even gonna ask me why I ran away from you?" Neil asked after a few moments of silence.

Andrews blood ran cold. "You ran away?" he said carefully, trying to keep his anger under control. Neil nodded but didn't say anything else. "Why would you do that rabbit?" Andrew asked biting back his angry tone.

Neil still flinched, he could sense the sudden change in his tone even if Andrew was trying to keep the gentle one he had been using for his omega.

"Riko said he'd kill you," Neil finally answered. "If I didn't come to him."