eight

-Adrian Wixx-

-Adrian Wixx-

I was walking out of the shower after a long hard day at acting class, and thank god I was home alone. I loved it when I had the apartment to myself.

Astoria was out with some guy she met- not to mention the same guy she ran away with that night at the bar. At least she could kept one coming back- she had a thing for going through men like she went through clothes, and I didn't mind at all- I loved how she could attract a man so easily.

I wrapped a towel around my naked body and walked out of the bathroom, and went start to the kitchen.

I need a glass of wine after the day I've had.

So I went into the pantry and grabbed a bottle of white wine- my absolute favorite, and brought it to the countertop. I popped the cork off and poured it into a wine glass- my other hand holding my towel tight to my body.

A small hum came from my mouth as I swallowed the drink- making my mood ten times better.

And yesterday was a roller coaster- after seeing Ryder and even making out with him, and even pushing him away- I'm still cursing at myself hours after it happened. He still deserved it though. Especially the stunt he pulled with me? Yeah he definitely deserved it.

I set the glass down and bent over the counter and placed my elbows down- my chin resting in the palm of my hand.

I just couldn't stop thinking about all of it- the kiss at the bar- him touching me outside before the meeting, and of course him kissing me outside of the coffee shop. It was like it all had happened in just a few weeks, and it did. My whole life had changed in just a few weeks, and I was not complaining.

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door, that made me jump a little. I stood up and turned my head towards the door- narrowing my eyebrows.

Who the fuck is knocking on my door?

Nobody even knew where I lived- well Astoria did obviously, but other than that I had never told anybody where I lived.

I hugged my towel tightly around myself- cursing under my breath that I had nothing underneath it. This had to be one of the worse times for someone to come knocking on my door.

After minutes of pacing the halls, I finally got the courage walked to the front door and took a deep breath before I looked through the peep hole.

My jaw fell open when I saw Ryder standing there with his head down holding a bouquet of flowers.

What the hell.

Why is he at my front door? And most of all how did he get my address? And why is he bringing me flowers?

I backed away from the door- turned around and sprinted for my room. "Just a second!" I yelled- dropping my towel and going through everything in my dresser to find something to wear. This had to be the worse time for him to show up at my door.

I pulled on some underwear on and sweatpants trying my best not to take ten million years to find an outfit, but it was hard when the one guy I was interested in was right outside my front door. I walked into my closet and grabbed the first sweater I saw- it was cream so it went well with my black sweats.

I pushed my damp hair behind my ears and walked out of my room- taking a deep breath before I reached the door. I stood there for second and thought about it- about if it really was a good idea to let this man in my apartment, but then again he brought me flowers- and I like flowers.

So I reached for the door handle and twisted it open to find him with his head down and his left hand stuffed into his jean pocket. God why did he always have to look so attractive in the worst moments? This right here was a bad moment- when I'm home alone and horny. Well now I'm horny I wasn't 10 minutes ago.

"Hey," he finally looked up and smiled. Making my eyes snap to his.

I narrowed my eyebrows- "how did you get my address?" I asked- not inviting him in just yet.

"Small city." He smiled again- making my cheeks heat up. I knew that wasn't the truth, and I actually wondered how he found out where I lived. But what was I worried about I mean he was the richest man in the city- he probably had connections.

I narrowed my eyes into slits then opened the door wider, so he could come in. He smiled and walked in- turning around in the entry hall.

"So what bring you to my apartment?" I asked- crossed my arms, and walking into the kitchen- him following shortly behind me.

He cleared his throat as I pushed myself up on the island in the middle of the kitchen- sitting on it.

"I wanted to give you these." He handed me the colorful flowers making my heart feel full. I love flowers. I also love when men don't stalk me for my address.

I snatched them from his large hands and gave him a weak smile- I wasn't in the mood for this today. If he came here to fuck me he needed to speak the fuck up.

"And I want to cook you dinner." He leaned back on the counter across from me- right next to the stove, and crossed his arms over his chest. I sucked in a breath at that. He gave me flowers and he wants to cook for me? Did he hit his head?

I cleared my throat and broke our eye contact- mentally cursing at myself for being so awkward. "Well why would you want to do that?" I snickered- curling my upper lip.

He uncrossed his arms and scratched the back of his neck- standing back up start and turning around, so he wasn't facing me. He obviously didn't want to answer the question, but damn did I want to know the answer.

"Do you like pasta?" He asked- making me snap out of my thoughts, and smile up at him. How did he know? Or maybe it was what he wanted to make in the first place.

He turned around and smiled- making eye contact with me. "We'll then I guess we're making pasta."

~

~

~