five

-Adrian Wixx-

-Adrian Wixx-

I couldn't sleep.

It was probably well past midnight, and I was just silently staring up at the ceiling.

I expected to fall asleep early tonight—but the events that were happening tomorrow made my heart race ten times faster. All I wanted to though, was sleep. I turned my head to the side, facing the big window in my room. The city was still alive, it always was. Sometimes that made it hard for me to drift away- knowing that stuff was still going on right outside my apartment.

I flipped the cover off of me and walked over the the window, to simply observe. It wasn't like I was getting much sleep anyways.

New York had become my home in such a short amount of time. Something about it just felt more like home to me. I loved the city- I loved how crowded it was and that it had so many opportunities for anyone. It was insane to me that if I had not walked into that coffee shop that evening I would have not gotten the opportunity to be in a movie. My dream was finally coming true. I was in my element, and I was more than grateful for it.

My apartment was settled only a few miles away from where the meeting is going to be taken place at. From my room, I could see it among the crowded city, It looked so beautiful at night, I couldn't believe that tomorrow I would be signing a contract for a movie in there.

It would be so thrilling and exciting. I couldn't have been more at peace with the work I was doing.

My eyes focused on the slightly rosy skyline, the sun peeking out of the horizon.

I rolled my eyes at myself, there was only a few hours before I would have to get ready for class- again, and then go to the meeting.

I wasn't sure how long I stood at the window admiring the city. My home. But when I plopped into my bed again, it had never been more comfortable.

And I fell asleep instantly.

~~

My steps halted right outside the conference room. I heard voices, male and female. I inhaled a breathe, straightening out my outfit- I was wearing a white turtleneck with a white sweater vest over it, and some simple mom jeans, I didn't want it to look like I was trying to hard. 

I hope no one in here knows this is my first official acting job, I mean I've been in plays so I know what to expect but I've never been in a movie or even a commercial. God this is going to be harder than I thought. Even having the courage to walk into that room right now was making my heart pound. What if everyone views me as a joke? Oh my. What am I even thinking?  I've been wanting to do this my whole life and when I finally get the chance I back down?

No. I would never do that.

At least I'm not late.

I took another deep breathe in, and finally push the door open. To have everyone's eyes in the room turn to me.

Or maybe I am.

"Oh Ms. Wixx you're right on time." The woman who invited me here said- looking down at her watch. I smiled at the woman, relived that I wasn't late. God that would have been a nightmare. First impressions were everything to me, It even took me an extra hour to pick my outfit this morning- just for me to go with something so simple. But i liked it. I liked that it didn't seem like I was trying to hard.

"This is Ryder Chase, he will be your costar."

The second our eyes met as I sat down in my seat, my eyes immediately widened. It can't be. I didn't know what to say. My mind took me back to the bar a few nights ago, his lips on mine, his rough hot lips on mine.

He smirked as if he knew exactly what I was thinking about.

And he probably did with the way my face was heating up so much.

"You?" was all I could get out. This can't be fucking happening.

"Me?" he said smirking. I don't how or why he was being so casual about this. It wasn't really an everyday thing to have your almost one night stand turn out to be your costar.

"Is everything okay?" The woman asked- utter confusion laced in her voice.

No everything is not okay! You're having me work with the person I almost hooked up with the other night.

Another thing that was making me uneasy was that he was Ryder Chase- the most well known actor in the world. How have I not noticed him at the bar- god almost everyone knows him. Hes a billionaire for gods sake. And I almost hooked up with him? How did I not notice him.

"Everything is fine over here," his silver eyes finally left mine- the breathe I didn't know I was holding in finally released. I looked down at his outfit to see he was wearing almost the same thing as he was the other night, the only thing different was his shirt- he was wearing a black turtle neck. He definitely looked good in black. He was also wearing a nice watch- which made him look even better. God I can still remember how his lips felt on mine-

"Adrian," someone said my name making me fall out of my excessive thoughts.

"Oh um yes?" I pushed my brown hair behind my ears- embarrassed I didn't hear them the first time. This is going to harder than I thought, especially when I have an attractive man staring me down.

"We asked you if you're good with going forward with this?" Was I? I mean of course I was, this is all I wished for ever since I was little. But the man I was going to have to do this with was was the thing keeping me from saying yes. Would it be awkward? We literally almost hooked up, and now were doing a romance movie together. I never knew my life would take such a turn over night. But what the hell- its just a movie why I'm I overthinking it?

But I'd be damned if I let a man hold me back from doing the thing I love.

"Let's do it." I say looking up from my hands in my lap. She smiled and slid a paper over to me and told me wear to sign. I signed everything without hesitating, and so did Ryder.

This is going to be fun.

~

~

~