𝟬𝟬𝟲. 𝗥𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗠𝗕𝗘𝗥

"The stock market is based on two principles

"The stock market is based on two principles." Coach says slamming the book on the table. "What are they?" He asks and Scott's raises his hand almost immediately.

"Yes McCall you can go to the bathroom." He responds and Scott lowers his hand. "Anyone else?" He asks and looks around. "No coach, I know the answer." Scott replies and coach starts laughing loudly.

"Oh, you're serious." He says and Scott nods. "Yeah, risk and reward." He says and coach walks towards him. "Wow! Who are you? And what have you done to McCall?" He asks proudly and Scott smiles. "Don't answer that. I like you better." He says and smiles.

"Does anyone have a quarter? A quarter?" He asks and Stiles grabs a quarter. "Yep." He says and I see a XXL condom flying through the air, on the ground. "Stilinski I think you uh, you dropped this." Coach says and Stiles looks panicked. "And congratulations." He murmurs and people were laughing.

I frown, thinking about Heather.

"Risk and reward. Put the quarter in the mug, win the reward. Okay. Watch coach." He says and it goes straight into the mug. Everyone claps and coach smiles proudly. "Huh? Huh? That's how you do it. You, new girl." He says and throws the quarter at me.

I catch it and look up at coach. "Risk and reward." He says and I look at the quarter. "What's the reward?" I ask and he raises his hands. "You don't have to take the pop quiz tomorrow." He says and another boy looks confused. "Coach it's not a pop quiz if you tell us about it." He says and Coach turns towards him. 

"Danny you know I really expect more from you at this point. Really." He says and looks at me. "Well? Risk, reward?" He asks and I look at him. "The risk. If you don't put that quarter in the mug, you have to take the pop... the quiz. And, and you have to write an essay. Risk. More work. Reward." He says and makes a fist of his hand, then blows some air and his hands open.

"No work at all. Or choose not to play." He says and I frown. "But isn't this just chance?" I ask and he shakes his head. "No. You know your abilities, coordination, your focus, past experience. All factors affecting the outcome. So what's it gonna be Gilbert? More work, no work, or choose not to play?" I look at the quarter and stand up.

"Okay!" He yells and claps. I sit down behind the mug and look at the chances of me winning. I flip the coin and it hits the ground, falling right into the mug. I gasp and smile, I won! Coach and a few clap and I stand up.

"Go stand there." He says and I nod. "Who's next?" He asks and puts the quarter in the air. "Who wants the quarter?" Stiles drums with his hands on the table, wanting to play. "There you go! There's a gambling man. Come on! Step up, step up." He says and claps.

"Alright, Stilinski." Coach says and bows over. "Stiles." Coach says and I look at the sheriff. "Yeah coach I've got it." Stiles replies and the sheriff looks at me. "Stiles," he says and Stiles looks up. He nods and Stiles walks over to him. "Max." He says and I walk with him too, wondering what's going on.

"When is the last you've seen Heather?" He asks and I frown. "Wh-what?" I ask and look at Stiles. "When she turned 17." I say and look at Stiles. "At the party." I say and Stiles sighs.

"We were going downstairs for whine and I had to go upstairs to grab something. When I came back down she was gone. I couldn't find her, I just figured she'd hooked up with her other friends. Has no one really seen her since last night?" He asks and I wrap my arms around my waist, having a bad lower stomach feeling.

"No. We put out an APB, but uh... Stiles all your friends say you were the last person who saw her." He says and I look at the sheriff. They didn't even bother questioning me, weird.

"Me?" Stiles asks surprised. "We hope that it's just a series of bad decisions based on too much to drink, but if you remember anything else you call me. All right?" He asks and we nod.

"Max." He says and leads me to another part of the school. "How long have you known her?" He asks and I frown. "Heather? I think... 5 years? We barely met but we always texted it. Why?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Well..." he says and I start to realise. "You think I did it?" I ask and he shakes his head. "No," he says and I frown. "Her parents do. That's why they kicked me out." I say and sigh. "Why did you moved in?" He asks and I glance at Stiles.

"There was trouble at home. I needed to go somewhere else and beacon Hills was the closest option. Heather practically begged me too." I say and he nods.

"Thank you for taking your time." And so the school bell rings. Stiles walks to me once his dad is gone and I quickly walk to him. "What do you think happened?" Scott walks towards us and Stiles explains his theory as we are walking.

"Wait. So you think the Alpha pack kidnapped Heather to turn her?" I ask just just to be sure and Stiles nods nervously. "Derek says it's easier to turn teenagers." He says and I frown, not understanding the logic.

"But what do a pack with Alpha's need with a Beta?" Scott asks and I nod, that's what I don't get. "Scott I don't know. I don't care. All right? This girl... our mom's were best friends before mine died, all right? We used to take freaking bubble baths together when we were three. I gotta find her." He explains and I take a deep breathe.

I've ran from one supernatural situation only to land in another, only this time I don't want to leave. Not when one of my closest friends is missing.

"Then we need Isaac to remember." He says and I stand still, making them turn around. "How? Peter and Derek couldn't do it. You know any other werewolves with a better trick?" Stiles asks and I look at him. "Maybe not a werewolf." I say and Stiles frowns.

"I know exactly what we have to do."

~1105 words~

I am so sad that Teen wolf is taken down, just why??