𝟬𝟭𝟱. 𝗝𝗘𝗡𝗡𝗔

"I'm back!" I yell and look at the empty house. "Max?! Max!" Great. "You are not leaving this house anymore, ever!" She yells and I scoff. "You think you're the boss of me! Guess what? You aren't." I say and she scoffs.

"I'm your legal guardian-" I cut her off by laughing. "Legal guardian my ass. I'm happily moved out. I have a house, I have friends, I'm out of this godforsaken town!" I hiss the last part and sigh.

"And I'm done with this conversation." I say and turn around, ready to go to Katherine's. "You are not leaving." She says and sighs. "Elena told me about John, but you knew did you?" She asks and I nod. "I'm not stupid." I say and cross my arms.

"Elena also told me about your boyfriend." She says and raises an eyebrow. That fucking hypocrite. "Is he the one taking advantage of a minor?" She asks and I scoff. "I'm 17 for God's sake, I'm turning 18 soon and you're bitching about a guy?" I ask and she throws her hand in the air.

"Not a guy, no a 30 year old man!" I groan and scoff. "He's not my boyfriend and you have no right to tell me what's good or wrong, Jenna." I say and cross my arms.

"Why did you want me here? To bitch about your psychotic exes who hurt you?" I ask and she looks at me. "Who did this?" She asks and grabs my hand. It had a cut on it from the glass.

"I was protecting someone." I say and she eyes me. "From who?" I don't answer and she shakes her head. "You know what happened with Tyler Max, I'm not letting you go through that again." She says and I scoff.

"He's not like Tyler!" I yell and she turns around. "So he's like Damon?" She asks and I just look at her. "You have a type Max, and it's gonna get you killed." She says the last part lowly and shakes her head in disbelief.

"I'm calling the police." She says and I turn around. "Call who you want, I don't care!" I yell and get out of the house, slamming the door behind me. Once I'm in the car Jenna opens the front door and starts yelling some more.

I drive away and groan. Jenna and I have never liked each other. Elena was the favourite, I was the trouble. She showed me that too.

I drive through the town and frown when I see people sitting, having a funeral or something. I see Jeremy and John and quickly get out of the car. "Pass." I hear Jeremy say and I walk towards them. "There's my favourite brother!" I say and Jeremy looks at me. "Max!" He says smiling and hugs me tightly, smiling.

"Hello dwarf." I say and he rolls his eyes. "John." I say and nod. "Max." He says and I give him a forced smile. Jeremy walks away and I walk towards John. "Just the guy I was looking for. Lunch?" I ask and he nods. "Sure." He says and smiles, wanting to guide me by my shoulder, but I quickly pat it off.

"I'm not looking for father daughter material, I want answers." I say and he just nods. We get in and I see Jenna and Alaric. Great. "I can't believe it. Elena and Max are my sisters husbands brothers daughters and her mother is my boyfriends deceased wife. You can't make this stuff up." She says and I roll my eyes. "It's uh, a little overwhelming." Alaric responds and we sit down.

"Eavesdropping?" He asks and I look at John. "Yes." Is all I say and look back at them. "I can't believe that they kept it a secret." She  says and I look at the menus. I haven't been here in too long. "How is it even possible to keep a secret like that?" She looks at us and sighs.

"Let's go." He says and I look at him. "Stay." I say and I see Damon and Elena. "Oh no." I say and sigh. "John, buddy." Damon says and smiles. "How you've been?" He asks and looks at me. "Maxie." He says and I fake gag.

"I've been alright Damon, it's good to see you." He says and I nod at John towards the eating table. "So, John. Rumour has it you know a lot and won't say anything." I look at Damon and take a deep breathe.

"Leave." I order and Damon raises and eyebrow. "Go entertain babies Max, the adults are talking." He says and I roll my eyes. "Stay Max." John says and looks at Damon. "How do I know you can be trusted Damon? Originals can compel Vampires and according to Stefan, that's why Katherine's still in the tomb." He says and sighs.

"An Original compelled her to stay there." He says and Damon lits a lucifer, shrugging. "That's because the vervain has left her system. Stefan and I, on the other hand are chock full." He says and I frown. "You guys are drinking vervain?" I ask and Damon blows out the lucifer. "It's an acquired taste." He says and looks at John.

"I don't see that magical ring on your stitched finger." Damon notices and I eye his hand, not seeing it either. He gets closer and whispers something in John's ear. "So if you know something about Klaus you better start talking... or I will kill you in your sleep." He says whispers and I roll my eyes. Talking about killing.

I'm gonna kill elena. How dare she say that to Jenna? Well, I know exactly what she was thinking, but still. "Now, is that any way to convince me that you and I are on the same side? First I need to know that I can trust you, Damon. That I can count on you. Then we'll talk." He looks at me and nods, meaning the same. Great.

I was eating peacefully, getting texts from Stiles that we're going on a school trip in two days and that he thinks I'm dead. Oh he's calling me now.

"Stiles." I say and I hear some noise. "Max." Derek says and I sighs. "What?" I ask and see Damon and Elena going to the bathroom. "You lied to me." He says and I nod. "I did yea." I say and sigh. "Gaining trust goes both ways. You want mine, go back now. It's dangerous." He says and I scoff, laughing. "Are you ordering me what to do? Where are we? The 1800's?" I ask and he sighs.

"I have important things to do, like following my dad into the bathroom." I say and groan. "That sounded weird. Oh he's out. Oh my sisters out too." I update them and take a bite. "My signal is bad." I lie and make weird noises, that doesn't sound remotely like them.

"Bye!" I say and walk after Elena. "Wherever you're going I'm going with you, because you and I are gonna have a little chat."

~1186 words~

I want to throw my phone away