𝟬𝟬𝟵. 𝗞𝗟𝗔𝗨𝗦

"I want you to tell me about Klaus," Elena says it in a whisper, making her sound weak, almost got me thinking they just switched roles. "Mm, you've been busy," I could hear the amusement in her voice making me annoyed.

Katherine and I don't have much of a history. After Damon had assumed I had kissed him- he came to me with a rant about it, me having no clue what he's talking about.

Somehow it clicked inside his head that Katherine was back.

"You too, see you've been working on your skin routine," I say looking up and down at her. "Max." She warns and then looks back at Katherine. "I also brought you this," she says and hands out a book. "It's your family history. I've read it, it says in here that your family line ended with you, obviously that's not true," Elena says and I nod in agreement.

"You think that if you brought me some family keepsake, that I'd open up?" Katherine scoffs and I frown. "I also brought you this," Elena hands out a blood bottle and Katherine immediately vamps to the way out, of course being blocked by the magic shield.

"You know Kath, you don't look so good, I wonder how long before your body shuts down?" I ask and shrug. "10? 20 years? Must be a little painful to desiccate and mummify mm?"  I ask smirking. "I can't even imagine," I say with a straight face.

Katherine goes back to the wall and starts to slide down, so do Elena and I. Elena pours some blood in a cup and gets it to Kath with a branch, letting her drink a little bit.

"You have the Petrova fire, Max," she says to me and smiles. "I'd say I appreciate it if you weren't such a lunatic." I'd say and she just smiles. "You know you love me." She winks and I let out an irritated sigh.

Katherine drinks it and I look at the family book, if her blood line ended with her, how do we even exist? "More blood?" Elena asks and Katherine puts the cup down. While Elena is getting it back Katherine starts her story.

"It's a long story, Klaus and I, goes all the way back to England 1492," 1492? That's 500 years almost. I think more. "After I left Bulgaria, or was thrown out," I raise an eye brow and Katherine sees that, sighing.

"Thrown out?" Elena questions and Katherine nods. "My family, your true ancestors, they disowned me, my indiscretions were not tolerated at that time. I had a baby out of wedlock. The shame," she says and I frown. "It was kept a secret?" I ask and she nods.

"Mm, my baby was given away," she pauses and takes another breathe. "I was banished  to England and I had to learn to adjust. So I quickly became English. It was there that I caught the eye of a nobleman named Klaus," she looks away and I just keep listening.

"I was taken with him at first, until I found out what he was... and what he wanted from me, and then I ran like hell,"

I nod and she sighs. "Elijah called my name, 'Katerina!' As he likes to call me. 'I know you're near, I can smell your blood'" she stopped for a second, as if she was imagining it too.

"'It's pointless to run Klaus will find you where ever you are' and then one of his stupid man pointed the wrong way. Of course I was glad and ran further, a boy, Trevor helped me to point where to go," Trevor, that's why he's dead now, because he trusted Katerina.

"Trevor led me to a cottage, he said I'd be safe there." He says and I frown at her. "So, what did Klaus want?" Elena asks standing up. "Same thing he'll wants from you, he wants to break the curse," I look at Elena, before turning back to Katherine. "By sacrificing the Petrova Doppelgängers," I say and frown.

"Why both of us?" I ask and look at her. "Because you are both Doppelgängers and he needs all of your blood, so both of you," I nod and look at Elena. "He wanted to drain every single drop of blood from my body," Katherine says and I shiver, just like he will want from us.