𝟬𝟮𝟮. 𝗠𝗦. 𝗕𝗟𝗔𝗞𝗘

"I'm debating whether to kill you by myself or let them do it." I say and cross my arms. "Not even an 'um, I'm not dead, you weren't planning my funeral yet right?' Text?" I say to Derek and look at the big sign of the Alpha.

"And now they painted their sign on your window and I have to save your ass again." I say and he cocks an eyebrow. "What does it mean?" Cora asks and I look at Derek. "It means they're coming, tonight." Derek tenses and I look at him. "What?" I ask and he looks at the window.

Suddenly, the glass breaks and I gasp. Cora flees and Derek protects me, putting his body over mine and I cover myself. When all the glass falls down I see Elijah in front of me.

"You could've just knocked." I say and look at him, standing straight. "Why are you here?" I ask and frown. "The deal is off." He says and I look up at him. "What? Why?" I ask and he just looks at me.

"Your friends decided to cross me." Damon. "B-but that was a hallucination!" I say quickly and look at Derek. "That was the motel messing with me." I say and Elijah shakes his head. "Only it truly happened, so, the deal is off." I turn around and look at both Derek and Cora.

"Go. I need to talk alone." I say and Cora nods, while Derek just stands there. "I am not leaving you with this psychopath." Derek almost hisses and I just give him a pointed look.

"I'll renegotiate." I say when Derek has left to our room and look at him. "You have nothing left to negotiate with." He says and I lift my chin up. "You owe me." I say and Elijah laughs. "I owe you nothing." He says and I scoff. "Really? Because that guy upstairs almost died and you didn't save him. Wasn't that part of the deal too?" I ask and raise an eyebrow.

"I don't care what Damon, Alaric or even Elena does. We live two different lives with different... friends." I say through gritted teeth.

"I'd like to see you lure Klaus into Mystic Falls, after the Doppelgänger bleeds to death." I say and grab a kitchen knife nearby.

I walk back to Elijah and give him a small smirk. "Derek won't let you die." I nod. "He won't, so he'll get one of my sisters acquaintances who will heal me with their blood and thrn I'll just kill myself and become a vampire, and me and Katherine won't have too many differences."

"Indeed. You won't be having a family either." The threat hits me like a brick, but doesn't scare me. "Unless you want that to happen again, promise me the same as before, and we're good. I'll even let my friend almost dying slip." I cross my arms and smile, looking at Elijah. "Promise me that you won't harm anyone I love." I say and points a finger.

"Even if they've harmed you, may I add." I say and Elijah thinks about it, but then the disappointment comes. "I'm sorry Max." He says and I look at the knife.

"I'm going to have to call your bluff." I reconsidered stabbing myself in the stomach or cutting my wrist, but stomach seemed better at the time.

"Then you're even more stupid than I am." I say and look at Elijah. "No!" Elijah yells as I stab myself in the lower stomach, my everything hurting immediately. I let the knife inside of me while I groan.

Derek just looks at me and I shut my eyes close. Ow. "Yes. Yes, you can have your deal, let me heal you they won't be fast enough." He says panicked and I pull the knife out, letting out the smallest scream ever.