Chapter 12

Buffy followedSpike back to Sunnydale, and although Spike was shocked to find theScoobies living as slaves in D'Hoffryn's Sunnydale, Buffy was amusedto see her "friends" in their new environment.

Spike found Xanderand Cordy exhausted by the extensive labor they were forced to do asD'Hoffryn's minions stood guard to discipline anyone who got out ofline.

"Xander? Cordy?What's going on here?" Spike asked.

"Our newreality." Xander quipped angrily.

"Working your@$$e$ off? For what?" Spike asked while Buffy watched amused.

"We're used toit." Cordy told Spike. "We've been doing this for years."

"But, it's onlybeen a year since..." Spike began but didn't get the chance tofinish his sentence when Buffy showed up.

"She's the reasonwhy we're in this mess!" Cordy pointed to Buffy.

"That's right andyou better get back to work before I let the minions take you away!"Buffy threatened.

"Buffy, what areyou doing?" Spike asked.

"Since I becameD'Hoffryn's wife!" Buffy announced.

"But, when didthat happen? I only pulled you from the wreck of that dungeonyesterday?" Spike asked, confused.

"It's been thatway all along!" Buffy smiled slyly. "How do you think D'Hoffrynbecame ruler of Sunnydale!"

Xander and Cordycontinued the grueling work as Spike watching thinking of a way tohelp the Scoobies and get Sunnydale back to it's rightful order.