Chapter 8

As Dark Buffy kept an eye on Xander, Cordy and Spike, she took note on what Spike said about hiding your victims so they weren't left laying around. She couldn't have the Scoobies knowing her vamp status.

As Xander and Cordy went along their way to Giles' store, Spike stayed behind the alley looking for clues to the victim. He noticed a blonde hair on the victim's clothing similar to Buffy's and hid so as to see if the culprit came back.

Sure enough, as soon as Spike hid from view, Dark Buffy came out to take care of the victim she left behind so no one would find him. After hiding the victim, Dark Buffy was about to leave, Spike confronted her.

"Buffy?" Spike asked, jolting Dark Buffy.

"Spike?"

"You left this guy?" Spike asked, but now knowing what Buffy was.

"I just wanted to try some human blood?" Dark Buffy tried to get Spike to believe her.

"Buffy, I know."

"Know what?"

"You're a vampire."

"It's that obvious?"

"Yeah! I see the fangs you're trying to suppress."

Dark Buffy covered her mouth but it was useless. Spike knew the truth.

"I won't tell anyone what you are, if you're afraid of that." Spike reassured her.

"You won't."

The passion combusted between the two as Dark Buffy could no longer resist Spike's charms. Pulling her against his bare chest, Spike laid a kiss on Dark Buffy's lips, as someone was watching them.

"Ewwwww!" Cordy exclaimed when she came back to look for the charm bracelet that she lost.

"Cordy!" Spike said angry that she interrupted a heated, passionate moment between him and Buffy, one that he feared would not happen again.

"Well, I gotta go anyway." Dark Buffy said, relieved that Cordy got Spike out of her system.

As Dark Buffy went on her way, Spike lashed out at Cordy for interrupting him and Buffy.

"Geez, Spike, you act like you love her?!"

"Love Buffy? Of course I do!" Spike said angrily.

"Omigosh! I can't believe you admitted it!" Cordy exclaimed as Dru happened along when she heard arguing.

"Spike loves who?" Dru asked.

"You, my pet!" Spike told her, covering.

"You damn well better!" Dru said as she kissed him on the lips.

"I think I found my bracelet." Cordy said, lying because she couldn't stomach vampire sex.

"Now where were we?" Dru asked when Cordy made herself scarce.

"I think we were right here." Spike reminded her, with a kiss on the lips.

The steam rose between Spike and Dru as Dark Buffy watched from where she was hiding.

"Thank you , Dru, for keeping Spike occupied while I look for the artifact." Dark Buffy said maniacally. The same artifact that would keep her a vampire and her soul dark.