Chapter 11

D'Hoffryn was king of Sunnydale as he made slaves out of the Scoobies. The grueling work that they were forced to do was tiresome, as Angel looked on, working on a plan to free the Scoobies and rid the world of D'Hoffryn. But he didn't see one of D'Hoffryn's minions and Angel was knocked out cold.

Outside D'Hoffryn's demolished dungeon, Spike stirred when he and Buffy barely escaped the dungeon after the explosion. Buffy lie motionless and Spike wondered if she was dead...but when he shook her lightly, she moved her arm, before waking up.

"Where am i?" Buffy said upon waking up.

"We narrowly escaped the dungeon before it exploded." Spike told her.

Spike tried to help Buffy up, but Buffy resisted his help, still angry from the betrayal, "Don't touch me!"

"I was just trying to help." Spike insisted, unaware that Buffy was a dark vampire.

"Well, I don't need your help." Buffy snapped. "Now, if you don't mind, I have things to do!"

"Okay," Spike told her, as he back off. "What's got into you?"

"Nothing." Buffy stated, not wanting to tell him she was a vampire.

"Well, let's go find the others." S;ike said.

"You can do that. I have other things on my mind."

"Kay, suit yourself."

As Spike and Buffy parted ways, Spike found himself at the center of Sunnydale and was shocked to discover what D'Hoffryn had done to the Scoobies, while Buffy followed Spike...playing into D'Hoffyn's game.