Chapter 9

D'Hoffryn was waiting or Dark Buffy when she arrived at his cave with the artifact he wanted her to find. However, D'Hoffryn didn't know it was fake since Dark Buffy managed to replace it with a fake one when she found a similar object.

"Thanks Buffy." D'Hoffryn said taking the artifact from Buffy.

"I promised the artifact to you." Dark Buffy reminded him. "Now I expect you to keep your end of the bargain."

Just as Dark Buffy thought she was about to get her soul back, D'Hoffryn's minions grabbed her from behind had her tossed in the dungeon.

Meanwhile, as Spike lay in Dru's arms, he couldn't help but get a hint that Buffy was in danger. Making his excuse to leave Dru's bedside, Spike got dressed and went out looking for Buffy.

Dark Buffy lay on the cot that was inside the cell thinking of how she could escape this compound. It amazed her. She was the Slayer. She fought vampires and demons...yet she could not find a way to get out of the mess she was in.

D'Hoffryn came into the dungeon and taunted her.

"So how is my pet."

"Just peachy." Dark Buffy replied, not wanting D'Hoffryn to sense her trying to find a way out.

"Good. I want my guest to feel at home."

"Oh, yeah. I feel right at home here." Dark Buffy said sarcastically.

Not ever one to give up, Dark Buffy sat down to think when she found it...a loose brick in the wall. Buffy got up and tried to move the brick. The brick loosened and she pulled it out of the wall, but she heard someone coming, she hurriedly put it back in the wall.

The person came in the dungeon...it was Spike...