7

the two practically doubled over once inside of his home, mun lowering himself to the floor while hyeok placed his hands on his trembling knees.

"are you okay?" mun asked, barely able to breathe out those few simple words. he sighed and gulped, rolling onto his back and lowering his head onto the floor. his hand rested over his chest.

hyeok didn't respond, but his breathing slowed. mun turned his head to look at him, and saw that hyeok was staring. "what?"

"what are you?"

the blatant question caused mun to sit abruptly, his wide eyes staring into hyeok's. "what do you mean?"

"that-" hyeok pointed to mun, waving his finger in a circular motion. "-thing... you did"

mun squeezed his eyes shut for a moment. he kept them closed, hoping that when he opened them hyeok would be gone. but, as he opened his eyes, the boy still stared back at him.

"i don't know what you're talking about," mun tried, straightening himself slightly.

"bullshit"

mun scoffed and looked to his side, then back to hyeok. "fine. i have powers"

the boy stared back at him, slowly lifting himself so he was standing straight. then, in a moment, hyeok was thrown into a fit of laughter. "you- you," the boy attempted to get out a few words, but he interrupted himself with his own laughter. "powers?"

mun only stared at the boy, his face blank. was he serious?

hyeok, seeing mun's expression, composed himself quickly. "you're even crazier than i thought"

mhm cleared his throat. "fine," he said, standing, "believe what you want"

as mun walked near his room, though, his grandpa emerged. "so mun!" he exclaimed, quickly pulling the boy into a hug.

mun laughed nervously, "grandpa!" he hugged the man back. when the two withdrew from the hug, his grandpa noticed hyeok.

he laughed as he moved towards him. "welcome back!" he patted the boy on the back and continued to laugh, looking between hyeok and mun. "are you guys having a um-" he sniffed, "sleepover?"

"oh- no sir i was just-"

"yes, we are," mun interrupted, taking a step towards them. he eyed hyeok as a warning to not say anything else, but the boy didn't seem to care.

"actually," he emphasized, slowly stalking towards the door, "i was just leaving"

mun ran to hyeok and firmly grabbed his arm before he could attempt to leave. he glared at hyeok, then turned to his grandpa and smiled. "could we have some breakfast?"

his grandpa nodded vigorously and moved into the kitchen, taking no time in beginning to cook.

mun, still having his hand wrapped around hyeok's arm, dragged him into his room and shut the door behind him.

mun turned and caught as hyeok's eyes softened as he looked at mun's grip on his arm. but then, he ripped himself from his grasp. "what are you doing?" he asked harshly, rubbing his arm where mun had a grip on it before.

mun sighed. "you can't just leave"

"why not?"

"because-" mun paused, letting out a deep breath. "-because of what you saw"

hyeok only stared back at the boy. "what did i see?"

as mun attempted to speak, though, he was interrupted by hyeok. "no- i know what i saw. i saw a group of lunatics kidnap me and keep me in the basement of their noodle shop"