15

the two boys could only stare at each other. so mun has just admitted to liking hyeok, somebody who he swore he would hate for life, who he would hurt if he ever had the chance.

now the two were standing so close, having just admitted feelings for each other.

"are you sure?" hyeok whispered, taking a step closer. his eyes lingered on mun's lips, and he brought his hand slowly to the side of his face.

mun didn't move away.

yet he couldn't answer that simple question.

did he like hyeok?

yes

did he want to?

no

did he have a choice?

he looked at hyeok's lips, then back up to his soft eyes, finding them already looking at his lips.

no, no he didn't have a choice.

but mun stepped back, hyeok's hand falling from his face and going limp at his side.

"i... i need time," mun said quietly, not breaking eye contact with hyeok, though he so badly wanted to. yet, at the same time, he never wanted to look away.

and then hyeok smiled.

"okay," he said, taking a small step back. "take as much time as you need"

and then he turned and left, leaving mun alone in the basement of the noodle shop, the feeling of hyeok's lips still residing on his own and the need for them back almost causing him to call hyeok back - and a hidden feeling of pure happiness hiding itself behind his minds lingering shadow of resentment for hyeok. he didn't hate him anymore. not at all. yet his mind couldn't accept the fact that he wanted such a drastically different and new relationship to the boy.

he wanted to kiss him again, but he wouldn't. he couldn't.

he needed time, even though his heart urged him to love hyeok as soon as possible.

as hyeok left the noodle shop, he briefly met ha-na, mo-tak, and ms. chu as he attempted to leave.

instead of asking what had happened between the two, which ha-an so badly wanted to know, she asked hyeok if he was okay.

he smiled and nodded lightly, shoving his hands into his pockets. he took a quick glance at mo-tak and ms. chu befor looking back to ha-na.

"i'm okay," he responded. and, for the first time in a while, he actually believed himself.

i can wait for him.

-

just a short chapter to get back into the flow of things <3