01

The first recorded quirk was of a baby in Qing Qing City who could radiate light from her body

The first recorded quirk was of a baby in Qing Qing City who could radiate light from her body. That baby later grew up to have a family, who started their own and so on and so forth. The cycle repeated itself again and again, with each new generation engaging in quirk marriages specifically designed to strengthen the original power passed down to them so many years ago.

The last coupling of a descendant, Yoichi Sakano, and a woman named Suzume Takahashi produced the strongest quirk user yet—a daughter named Sana.

And so, our story begins.

Today officially marks the beginning of the rest of my life.

For the next three years, Sana Sakano would be attending the prestigious U.A High, the highest ranked heroics school in the country. After finishing in the top 5 of the recommendations exam, Sana knew firsthand how steep the competition would be. It wouldn't be an easy climb to the top, that was for sure, especially when she knew she'd have to face off against ridiculously talented people like Shoto Todoroki.

The two teens had known each other since they were toddlers, having first met after receiving their quirks. Enji Todoroki had wanted someone to push his masterpiece to his limits and force Shoto to work harder. Of course, Sana's father had no problems offering his daughter as a training partner for the son of the Number Two Hero. Endeavor had initially introduced Sana to the half-and-half boy as "a necessary obstacle to overcome if he were to surpass All Might in the future." But the head of the Todoroki family hadn't anticipated for the human punching bag he'd gifted his creation to strike back as hard as she did.

That first training session had ultimately ended in Sana's loss, but she'd put up one hell of a fight.

At first, the two children couldn't stand the sight of the other. Their fathers weren't arranging play dates like normal parents; no, whenever the two kids were together, it meant pain was coming. They'd been pitted against each other from the start. Not having a chance to properly introduce themselves led to a lot of misunderstandings during their first year of training. But as time passed and they grew to acknowledge and appreciate the other as a person, the rivalry eventually evolved into an unlikely friendship.

Sana checked her phone for any notifications, only to be disappointed that there was nothing from the candy cane-haired male she'd once called her best friend. Something between them had changed, and the peach-haired girl wasn't sure how to make things right again. It all started a few months ago, with Endeavor canceling their training sessions indefinitely. Since then, Shoto had been more reserved than usual, growing more and more distant. It was like the closer they got to attending U.A, the more he seemed to pull away and withdraw into himself.

Now, Shoto had never been a warm and fuzzy person to begin with. It just wasn't his nature. But there were times that he'd lowered his guard enough to allow Sana to see beyond the ice prince persona he'd built over the years.