Chapter 1: Odyssey

It's been a month since three very important people left Liana

It's been a month since three very important people left Liana. Lana, Chloe and Clark. During that month, Liana moved out of the Kent farm and into her own apartment, because she didn't feel at home without Clark. She also decided to change her hair. After weeks of searching for Chloe, she has found her at a place called Black Creek. Liana's walking the halls with two security guards next to her, pretending to be one of them. Liana says, "I can't believe it, one alarm clock malfunction and suddenly you're demoted and sent to deliverance territory." Liana then sees Clark and says, "What the hell are you doing here?" Clark's happy to see Liana and says, "I..." The security guard says, "You know him?" Liana and Clark both say, "Yes." Liana says, "I thought I dropped you at your cell." Clark looks at her confused and the security guard says, "We'll take him back." Liana says, "And send me to the Sahara? One demotion this week is enough." The security guard walks to Clark and says, "I'll handle it." Liana kicks the guard and knocks him out, while Clark does the same for the other one. Liana grabs the gun from the guard and looks at Clark and says, "What are you doing here?" Clark says, "I'm assuming the same reason you are, for Chloe." Liana nods and says, "I have been looking for her ever since she was taken. Where have you been?" Clark says, "At the fortress with Lex. It collapsed and somehow, I don't have my powers. Then I was stuck in a Russian work camp." Liana says, "So you're saying you're human?" Clark nods and says, "Yeah." Liana hands Clark the gun and says, "Then you're probably gonna need this more than I am." Clark looks at the gun and grabs it. Clark says, "How did you get in here?" Liana says, "I had to pretend to be a guard to be let in." Clark softly smiles and says, "You have no idea how happy I am to see you." Liana gives a tight-lipped smile and says, "When we get Chloe out of here, we need to talk." Clark nods and says, "Okay." Clark finds a door and says, "Chloe." Clark tries to open the door and it's locked. Liana freezes the door handle and busts it open. Liana walks in with Clark behind her and Liana says, "Chloe!" Chloe says, "Liana!" Liana sees someone out of the corner of her eye and grabs their arm and twists it and grabs the taser out of his hands and tases him. Clark goes to untie Chloe and she says, "Clark, where have you been? I've been waiting for you." Clark says, "I'm sorry. I got held up in a Russian work camp. I'm so glad you're okay." Chloe hugs Clark and then Chloe gives Liana a hug. Chloe looks at Clark and says, 'What happened to you? You're--" Clark says, "Human. Turns out when Jor-El said there was a way to control me--" Liana cuts Clark off and says, "He meant taking away your powers." Chloe says, "How are we gonna get out of here?" Clark says, "Don't worry. Oliver's with me." Chloe says, "Security's closing in on him. They already have Dinah and A.C." As Clark goes to leave, Chloe says, "Clark, you have no way of defending yourself." Clark holds up a gun and says, "I'll be fine." Clark runs out the room and the girls worry about Clark's safety. Then Liana and Chloe go to Clark and sees him on the ground with Oliver bleeding. Liana yells, "Clark!" Liana runs down the stairs with Chloe behind and Liana puts Clark in her lap and Chloe kneels next to her and says, "I can save him." Oliver has tears in his eyes and says, "I couldn't stop myself." Liana softly says, "It's okay, you weren't yourself." Chloe looks down at Clark and says, "It's gonna be okay." Clark weakly says, "No, don't heal me." Chloe goes to put her hand on Clark to heal him and nothing happens. Chloe says, "It's not working." Liana cries and says, "Clark?" Clark then closes his eyes and the girls sob over Clark and John Jones picks Clark up and flies out of the room.

The next day, Liana's at the Daily Planet, when Clark walks in and says, "Hey

The next day, Liana's at the Daily Planet, when Clark walks in and says, "Hey." Liana looks up from her work and says, "Hey, so it looks like you're feeling better." Clark smiles and says, "Yeah. I noticed at the farm your stuff was gone." Liana sighs and says, "Yeah, listen Clark, you have no idea what it felt like for me when the three most important people in my life left. I was officially alone, and you return in my life, and I can't help but feeling like what if I lose you again. Then you died in my arms and then you were brough back to life. I can't live like this anymore. Clark, I love you so much, but I think we should break up." Clark gives a soft smile and places his hand on Liana's face and softly says, "I'll wait for you." Liana softly says, "I can't ask you to do that." Clark says, "You're not, it's my choice." Liana softly smiles and Clark says, "Well, I better get going. I'll see you bright and early Monday morning." Liana's confused and says, "Whoa, whoa, why Monday? What do you mean bright and early?" Clark softly smiles and says, "Liana, you're the one who gave me the application. You're looking at the newest recruit to the 'Daily Planet.'" Liana smiles and says, "That's great. What made you change your mind?" Clark says, "I guess I wanted to be in the middle of the action." Liana says, "Good for you. So, are you gonna be starting down in the mail room?" Clark looks at his desk opposite from Liana's and says, "No. I'm gonna be a little closer to home. Looks like we're gonna be neighbors again, Liana." Clark walks away with smile and Liana looks across her desk and picks up the name plate and it says, "Clark Kent." Liana smiles and says, "This should be fun."