Chapter 11: Legion

After leaving the hospital, Liana goes home and change and then she goes back to the barn

After leaving the hospital, Liana goes home and change and then she goes back to the barn. Liana picks up Chloe's bouquet of flowers and has tears in her eyes at who would take Chloe. Clark speeds in and says, "Liana! I don't know what more I can do. I checked three time zones, no sign of Chloe or the creature that took her." Liana says, "That thing that did this... what was it?" Clark says, "Jor-El warned me about an ultimate destroyer... from Krypton. It should have gone after me, not Chloe." Liana says, "This was supposed to be the happiest day of her life. I'm going to go to the Isis Foundation. Chloe has files on just about everything strange and unexplained. It's a good place to start." Clark nods and says, "Okay." Liana softly says, "I'll call you as soon as I find anything." Clark nods and watches her walk away. Liana has been working all night and its day now. Liana's looking a file she puts it down and sees a blonde woman in front of her. The woman says, "I'm sorry, Liana. I didn't mean to scare you. But I desperately need your help." Liana says, "How do you know who I am?" The woman walks forward and says, "I'm from the future." Liana slowly nods and says, "Look... I understand that this feels real for you... but we can get you some help." The woman says, "You're looking for Chloe Sullivan. You're worried about her." Liana says, "What do you know about Chloe?" The woman says, "That she's changed. She's been taken over by Brainiac." Liana says, "But Clark removed Brainiac from her body." The woman says, "Brainiac still is connected to Chloe." Liana sighs and says, "We'll find Chloe and we'll figure out a way to stop him." The woman says, "The only way to stop Brainiac now is to kill his host. I need you to convince Clark to do that. That's why I came to you. He won't listen to us." Liana steps closer to the woman and says, "I'd never ask Clark to kill anyone. Do you understand?" The woman says, "Ever since I was little... I've read stories about you. About the hardships you've overcome and the incredible things you'll go on to do. Your part of the reason Kal-El becomes the hero we look up to. Liana... if Brainiac survives... billions will die. I came to you because you understand sacrifice more than anyone. Sacrificing my friend's life isn't an option." The woman says, "If I know you... you'll eventually realize that taking Chloe's life... is the only way to stop Brainiac." Liana's eyes get teary, and she sighs. Later, Clark speeds into the Isis Foundation and says, "Lana, that creature is the least of our worries. Brainiac is behind everything." Liana says, "I know, and now he's taken over Chloe. I had a visitor. She seemed to know a lot about all of us." Clark says, "Imra?" Liana says, "I'm searching the global power grid for power surges anywhere in the world. Hopefully, that will lead us to Brainiac. Clark, Imra said the only way to stop Brainiac is to kill his host." Clark says, "What if she's right? Liana, I have always put my loved ones before everything. But this time, I'm putting Chloe's well-being... before the lives of billions of people." Liana says, "I can't believe you're actually doubting yourself. The old Clark I knew would never waver. He would insist that he could save Chloe's life and the rest of the world."

The next day, Liana walks into the Kent house and sees Imra

The next day, Liana walks into the Kent house and sees Imra. Liana softly says, "Oh, hi. Um... I was looking for Clark." Imra says, "The boys are out fixing the barn." Liana softly says, "Thanks. Irma, I understand that you were only doing what you thought was best." Imra says, "We were willing to take the easy way out. But Kal-El... he never gave up. You know, it's... it's true what history says about him. He really does bring out the best in people. You're very lucky." Liana softly smiles and says, "I probably shouldn't be asking this, but--" Imra cuts Liana off and says, "You're curious about you and Clark." Liana says, "I couldn't help but wonder about us. About where we go from here." Imra says, "Well, that's for you two to discover yourselves. But I will tell you this, Liana... you're remembered for a lot more than just your relationship with Kal-El. You have a destiny all your own." Liana smiles. Later, Liana finds Clark out on the porch holding a ring and walks up to him and says, "I didn't think you were much for jewelry." Clark looks away from the ring and at her and says, "I'm not. It was a going-away gift. It's strange to meet people who know exactly where you're going. Exactly when you're going to get there." Liana says, "Well, they don't know everything. I mean, if they did, Chloe wouldn't be alive right now." Clark says, "And unfortunately, they didn't have what I had. Human parents who taught me more than just how to use my abilities." Liana says, "They have a different role model." Clark smiles and says, "With everything I've learned... everything I've been through... apparently, I'm just getting started. According to the Legion... I will accomplish things so legendary I'll be known throughout the galaxy." Liana softly says, "And you're not sure that you'll be able to live up to that. Clark... there is no doubt in my mind that you will. Just do it on your schedule, not theirs." Clark says, "Well, did they happen to mention anything about your place in history." Liana nods and says, "A little. But the way I see it, it doesn't really matter. Our destiny is not written in some book in the future. We write it ourselves every day." Clark nods and says, "And the question is... what do we write next?" The former couple softly smiles at each other.