Chapter 19: Stiletto

Liana, Lois, and Chloe enjoy a girl's night out and Liana says, "This is nice

Liana, Lois, and Chloe enjoy a girl's night out and Liana says, "This is nice. I haven't had a nice night out in a while." Chloe smiles and says, "Yeah, me either. So, Lois what's it like in Gotham?" Lois says, "The totally opposite of Metropolis. It's dark and gloomy and there's so much crime." Liana says, "It sounds kind of dangerous." Lois says, "Yeah, it can be but at least Gotham has it's very own superhero." Chloe says, "Yeah, I've read about him. He's so dark and mysterious." Lois softly smiles and says, "Yeah, he is." Liana and Chloe notice her smile and Liana says, "Hold up, do you know who he actually is?" Lois drops her smile and scoffs, "Of course not. I just have been saved my him a few times and he's not bad looking." Chloe says, "How can you tell? He's whole face is covered." Lois says, "I can tell because of his eyes and the shape of his mouth." Liana gasps and says, "No way." Chloe says, "What?" Liana says, "Did you kiss him?" Liana and Chloe watch Lois blush and Liana and Chloe scream with joy and Chloe says, "Oh my God, you totally did. How was it?" Lois sighs and says, "It was amazing." Liana says, "Aww. How cute." Lois then stops walking and she says, "Hang on, guys. These heels are silent killers." Then a man snatches Liana and Chloe's bag and the man says, "Give them to me." Liana says, "No, let go!" Lois looks at them and says, "Guys." Liana says, "Lois!" The man pushes Chloe away and grabs Liana by the neck and starts choking her, Lois then kicks the guy in the balls and punches him. The man releases Liana and she gasps and passes out. Then there's another man that tackles Lois and she kicks his ass. The first man makes a run for Chloe's car. Lois looks down at the guy and says, "This one's for your friend." Lois steps on his neck and the man looks up at her and says, "Who the hell are you, some sort of superhero?" Lois says, "You bet I am. Call me Stiletto." Later, Lois takes Liana and Chloe to the hospital. Lois is with Liana and the doctor says, "You have a slight concussion, but other than that you're fine. Just get some rest." Liana nods and says, "Thank you, doctor." The doctor says, "You're lucky that new superhero Stiletto saved you and your cousin." Liana softly smiles and says, "Yeah, I am." The doctor leaves and Lois looks at her sister and says, "Are you sure you're, okay?" Liana looks at Lois and says, "Yes, I'm fine." Liana then goes to check on Chloe and she says, "Hey, you, okay?" Chloe grabs Liana's arm to speak with her privately and she says, "My laptop was in my backseat when the carjacker peeled away. I've been using it to update my Watchtower database from home." Liana says, "Chloe, those files contain details of nearly every operation." Chloe says, "Hence, the panicky flare with everything that's been saying. And before you bite my head off, I admit, I know I never should have taken it home" Liana says, "Just tell me it was encrypted." Chloe looks down and says, "But not unhackable." Liana says, "Okay, I'll find your computer. It's a good thing I remember what he looks like." Chloe nods and says, "Did Lois tell you about Stiletto?" Liana nods and says, "Yeah, she's most likely doing a story." Chloe says, "Maybe you can ask Lois about Stiletto?" Liana nods and leaves the hospital. Later, Liana arrives at the Daily Planet, and she sees Lois at her desk, and she says, "Lois." Lois looks at Liana and she says, "What are you doing here? You should be resting." Liana says, "I'm fine." Liana looks down at the desk to see Lois's article about Stiletto and she reads through it. Liana says, "This Stiletto gave you all these quotes?" Lois says, "She was talkative." Lois grabs her article from Liana and Liana says, "Look, I need you to put me in contact with her." Lois says, "Sorry, no can do. I have to respect her request to keep a low profile. It is not every day that a superhero entrusts me with her phone number." Liana says, "She gave you, her number?" Lois says, "Sorry. My eyes only, sis." Liana sighs and says, "Lois, this carjacker took Chloe's computer. It has all her Isis client information on it. If this Stiletto was the last person to see this guy, I need to talk to her." Lois says, "Look, if you want to help Chloe, why don't you go downtown and talk to the thug they did catch? Maybe Stiletto left enough teeth in his mouth for him to rat out his buddy." The next day, Lois is making her Stiletto costume and she smiles at herself in the mirror. Later, Lois swings on a rope to meet Jimmy and he looks at her weird and says, "What are you doing?" Lois takes off her mask and says, "Picking up your rebound." Lois picks up a fan and Jimmy says, "Lois." Lois turns on the fan and Jimmy continues to say, "I'm, uh, I'm really flattered but I just broke up with Chloe." Lois looks at him and says, "Ew. No. I mean, rebound your career. Nothing numbs the pain of a breakup like good, old-fashioned work." Jimmy says, "Look, I'm not here to be saved. You mentioned 100 bucks. Now, what do you want me to shoot?" Lois smiles and stands on a crate and puts her mask on and says, "Metropolis' newest superhero. Incoming." Lois jumps off the crate and Jimmy snaps photos and Lois says, "Meet... Stiletto." Jimmy says, "Lois... you're not serious." Lois says, "Well, not about the whole cleaning up the streets part, obviously. But... I sort of quoted Stiletto in one of my articles and my editor said that I need a photo to get a page one." Jimmy says, "You're seriously pretending to be a superhero for a story?" Lois says, "Yeah, so?" Jimmy shakes his head and says, "Just be careful, you don't know who's out there that may actually want to hurt you." Lois says, "Aww, does little old you care about me? Come on, keep taking photos." Jimmy sighs and does as he's told. Lois says, "Email those photos to my editor."