Chapter 10: Bride

Liana's in the Kent Barn setting up for the wedding and says, "It's 1100 hours, people

Liana's in the Kent Barn setting up for the wedding and says, "It's 1100 hours, people. We only got till sunset to change this barn into a magical wedding. So let's pick up the pace." Liana stops of the Cater's and says, "Whoa. Hold on, Emeril. Dinnerware stays outside until the reception." Emeril says, "Of course, no problem. Goldilocks, this is Mother Goose. What's the status at bridal center? Half an hour ahead of schedule. Good job, Chloe." Then Liana sees the photographer and says, "Oh, uh, Jimmy told me you are going to be filming this epic wedding. I want testimonials, candid's, everything." The photographer nods and holds his fist out and says, "Ring that bell." Liana softly smiles and fists bumps him. Liana walks away and talks through her walkie-talkie and says, "Mother Goose to Baby Bear. Mother Goose to Baby Bear. Come in, Baby Bear." Jimmy walks up to her and says, "I'm getting married. Shouldn't I get bumped up to Papa Bear?" Liana softly smiles and goes to walk away, and Jimmy pulls her away from the ladder and says, "Whoa, whoa, whoa. We don't need to jinx our big day." Liana softly laughs and says, "You seem a little twitchy there, Jimmy. Butterflies in your stomach starting to do the rumba yet?" Jimmy says, "Not at all, well, the only thing I'm nervous about is seeing Chloe before the ceremony. It's bad luck." Liana says, "What about the whole-till-death-do-us-part part? That's got to be nerve-racking." Jimmy says, "Well, when you pick the right person... there's no need for wedding day jitters." Liana softly smiles and says, "Good answer, Jimbo." Jimmy smiles and says, "You know, speaking of the right person since you don't have a plus one tonight, I'd like you to meet one of my friends. Name's Clark Kent. You heard of him?" Liana softly smiles and says, "I'd thought it be awkward if he and I were to be each other's dates." Jimmy nods and says, "I see the way you two look at each other, even if you two are broken up. You two are meant to be, I mean I don't know anyone else other than me and Chloe who are perfect for each other." Liana smiles at Jimmy and he says, "Okay, well, I'm going to go practice my vows. But when you see Mr. Right, will you give him this?" Jimmy hands Liana Clark's tux. Liana says, "Okay." Jimmy says, "Thank You." Later, Liana walks up the stairs of the loft to see Chloe in her wedding gown. Liana smiles and says, "Oh, my God. I have too much to do to start crying, but you look breathtaking." Chloe smiles at Liana and says, "If it wasn't for you, I would look more like the bride of Frankenstein than Cinderella. What you did to this barn is absolutely amazing, Liana." Both girls bring each other in for a hug with big smiles on their faces. Then Chloe's cell phone rings. Liana says, "You going to answer that?" Chloe walks over to her phone and frowns. Liana notices the frown and says, "What's wrong?" Chloe says, "Nothing. It's Davis Bloome. He, he's been calling all day. You know deep down; I know he's a really great guy. I just think he's a little confused. Last week, he kissed me, and he told me he wasn't going to let me marry the wrong guy." Liana says, "Are you starting to have feelings for tall, dark, and scary?" Chloe softly smiles and says, "All I want is to walk down that aisle and marry the man I love." Liana smiles and says, "Good answer. Do you have everything you need?" Chloe says, "Almost, I have something old, something blue, something new and I just need something borrowed to round out the tradition." Liana sighs and Chloe walks over to Clark's desk and says, "Ah-ha. When in trouble, leave it to Clark Kent to get you out of a jam. Let's see what we have here." Chloe finds a box with a meteorite and Liana gets stumbles and Chloe quickly shuts it and says, "Liana, I'm so sorry. I didn't know Clark had this." Clark walks up the stairs and hears the last of Chloe's sentence and says, "Had what?" Chloe looks at Liana and says, "This meteorite, when you know it makes her sick." Clark doesn't know what to say and Liana helps Clark out and says, "He has it just in case I go dark." Clark nods agreeing with her, and Chloe says, "Oh. Um, Clark, you have anything that I could borrow?" Clark goes to his yearbook and opens it to a specific page and hands her a flatten flower. Clark says, "You gave that to me, freshman year at the homecoming dance." Chloe says, "And you kept it all this time?" Clark says, "I never throw away good memories." Liana smiles and looks at Chloe and says, "If you're all set, Clark and I have to go. It's almost high noon and we have a showdown to get ready for." Liana and Clark both walk away to get ready for the wedding. Later, a familiar face fights Green Arrow. Oliver's hood comes off and the voice says, "Oliver Queen?" The voice comes out of the shadows and Oliver says, "Lana?" Lana says, "So Oliver Queen moonlights as Green Arrow. Does Liana know about you?" Oliver says, "I think I can safely say she knows more of my secrets than she does yours. You're not going to tell me you're down here on vacation fishing for marlin, are you?" Lana says, "We both know that two hours ago more than 430,000 mega gigs of LuthorCorp RAM and ethernet cables were running through this place." Oliver says, "Well, sounds like we each came here with a score to settle." Lana looks at the mannequin Oliver shot with an arrow and says, "I'd say you were aiming to settle more than a score." Oliver holds up the note he found on the mannequin and says, "He leave this note for you or me?" Lana says, "I'm not convinced Lex is alive. Just because the king dies doesn't mean the entire empire crumbles overnight. I just followed the leads here to protect Liana." Oliver says, "Good. Because no one else seems to be concerned that Lex somehow found out her secret. If you're on a trail... I can help you." Lana says, "Is this your version of help? 'Cause it seems a little personal to me. You're Green Arrow. You're better than this." Oliver says, "You sound like Liana." Lana says, "If we want to fight for the greater good maybe we all have to be a little more like Clark." As Oliver goes to walk away, Lana says, "Oliver? How is she?" Oliver says, "You know, she really went all out for Chloe's wedding. Why don't you come and see what she did?" Lana says, "No, I can't. It's too complicated." Oliver says, "She's your best friend, and it's her wedding day. I don't understand what's so complicated about that. You just said we need to be more like Liana, right? What would she do?"