Chapter 3: Hypothesis (P1)

Author's note:

Thanks puppy for being a great storyboarder
____
=11:40am=

After their second training day, Hero course: Class 1-A returned to a spacious updated dormitory, which still slightly reek of paint, they quickly rushed to their rooms to find the positions and space to still be the same, except the new large hallways connecting all four levels to a high tower in the middle. On the first floor, instead of an unstable bridge like before to support the room in the center, there are proper pillars surrounded by an incomplete glasshouse, almost filled with colorful vegetation. And a shiny observatory is installed at the very top.

"Did the school do this?" Kirishima inquired, standing in his little group with the class. They walked here from gym Gamma, they panicked when they saw the tower sitting in their building and after knowing that all their rooms remained the same they calmed down. Now they're gathered in front of a pair of double doors on the fifth floor.

"Its only been a few hours since we left..." Tsuyu mumbled, they left this morning with the dorms still looking like all the other dormitories. But now obvious modification had been made. A contemplating silence formed among them as they stood longer there, forgetting about the lunch they came back here for, luckily, they don't have afternoon hours today.

"Let's go in!" Hagakure broke the atmosphere by heading forward through all her friends, Iida quickly insists that she shouldn't enter someplace newly built within the few hours they were at school. Its probably unstable or filled to the brim with toxic fumes. But she ignored him and reached for the door anyways. She instantly got stunned and flinched back.

"What are you doing?" Yaya appeared at the end of the hall, in her arms a box filled with miscellaneous office items and stacks of documents following behind her, she was just going from the elevator to the meeting room, she pulled all this here so she can make space for her room.

"Yaya! we're just wondering what this tower's for..." Kaminari nervously pointed to the pair of doors. The girl gave them a confused look for about two seconds then giggled.

"Would you like a tour?" She walks forward, boxes and files coming with her. The class all said yes with faces eager and anticipating. She stops for a second to let the door scan her watch, it opens, air pressure released and blew in their faces. Yaya is unfazed, continue head on, organizing her files into the surrounding shelves.

The first room they entered is a meeting room, circled by walls adorned with modern looking shelving is a round table with a holographic version of the earth slowly rotating in the middle. Leading up to the top is a hanging staircase, another one ran to lower levels. Yaya then lead them up to the observatory, the sun showed through one dimensional glass. The class turned all their attention to a glowing container labeled with yellow corrosive warning tape.

"Don't touch that. It'll burn your skin off." That's a container of pure uranium manufactured out of curiosity by Gamma the moment he got upgraded, they have no way to dispose it so it got kept around as emergency fuel. "Those crazy bastards left it out here again...." Yaya muttered under her breath, thinking no one heard her.

She then leads them down to a lounge like room, complete with gaming machines, a giant monitor and gym equipment in general. There's a trapdoor in the corner with a roll-up ladder stapled next to it.

"Hey, where does this lead to?" Uraraka asked, already reaching for the trapdoor, she tried pulling it open but it didn't budge. "Huh, locked."

"That's just Boboiboy's room." Yaya remarked, she didn't see this particular entrance in the blueprints her friend gave her last night, but maybe that's just because its quite small. Fitting, she chuckled.