Conversation

Two days passed since Aether's recovery. He was bored, forced to stay locked in wanghsu inn.

Verr godet was taking care of him though he was already ready to leave to do these quests. She gave him food and made sure paimon was okay as well.

Xiao haven't gathered the courage to confront aether about this sudden recovery. He was still thinking. Since the adeptus hold the boy in his arms, he knew he was special and wasn't from this world, like a connection between him and Xiao, as if they met before.

He was thinking about going for a talk tonight, wait until verr godet went to work to go visit aether in his room to have a minimum of privacy.

But first he had to take care of those hillichurls...

____

Verr godet: Traveller! I need you to come help me!

Aether: What happened!

The blond boy got out of his room in a hurry, happy to finally be able to help someone.

When he looked where Verr godet's voice was coming from, he was surprised.

Xiao was injured, and badly.

Aether: Adeptus Xiao!!

He took the stairs down to them and took Xiao under his arm. (Xiao's arm resting on aether's shoulder)

Aether: Verr godet, what can i help with?

Verr godet: Took him on this room, I'll come with the things we need.

She pointed at a door behind the counter.

Aether quickly bring the adeptus in the room and guided him to a chair where he could sit.

Xiao: I don't need help. I'll be okay in a couple minutes- ARGH!

The movement he made with his injured arm made him whimper.

Aether: Don't move, you don't wanna make it worse. Can i have a look?

Xiao: mhh.

Aether slowly got Xiao's equipment of his arm and say the wound. It was on his shoulder and deep, like someone stabbed him with a sword.

Aether didn't ask any question and looked at the blood drowling on Xiao's shirt.

Aether: You should take off your shirt.

Thing said, thing done. Xiao was now half naked for aether's eyes to see.

Aether helped him get it of the injured part though Xiao was basically yelling at him he didn't needed help.

His chest was full of scars. Some were smaller and some were pretty impressive. Aether knew he was a warrior, but these scars made him want to know more of their stories. More of where they came from.

Xiao: Why are you staring. You're weird.

Aether: Oh sorry i was just-

Verr godet: I'm here!

When she got closer she saw the wound already stopped to bleed and was healing itself already.

Verr godet: I'll put a bandage on it just in case you wanna move.

The adeptus didn't said anything and watched Aether's eyes travelling his body. He could feel some sort of pride from it but was also embarrassed to be seen that way by him. So the only reaction he had was his pink cheeks. But he didn't knew that could be seen so he still looked at Aether.

Aether: Adeptus Xiao? Are you okay? You're becoming really red all of a sudden.

Aether's hand was getting closer to Xiao's face.

Xiao: I'm okay. Stay away from me.

He slapped aether's hand and got up as verr godet finished to bandage him. He then walked out without any word.

____

Later that day happened what Xiao had thought about doing for days now. He went to see Aether in his room.

Aether: Hi! Is your arm okay now?

Xiao: yeah..

He sat down beside him on the bed and looked at him.

Aether: Uhm... so yeah Paimon is trying fishing right now on her own! So i was pretty alone, i'm glad you're here!

Xiao noticed Aether's cheeks becoming a little pinkish red as he rambled. And he felt his heart bump harder and something flying in his chest.

The moment was quick but it took him of guard and he looked away from aether.

Aether: Are you okay?!?

The blond boy then bended over xiao's face and touched his shoulder with his hand.

It made xiao feel even more this thing in his chest. He didn't knew what that feeling was, but it was love.

He started to breathe harder when he tried to answer aether's question.

He got up and walked straight at the door closing it behind him. Face all red and heavy breathings.

Aether was still in the room wondering what he had just witnessed. He also had that little blush on his cheeks but he slapped his face slightly to make him come back.

Aether: Why am i feeling like this with him... He's an adeptus and i barely know him!

Xiao would've asked the same question if he knew that was love.

Show me On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara