Inazuma

The days got by and still no first kiss for Xiao and Aether, as if they were waiting for the perfect moment.

Xiao: I'm going back to wanshu inn today. Since you almost finish your quests here, I'll be waiting for you tomorrow.

Aether: oh okay! Then... see you tomorrow?

Xiao: See you tomorrow, Aether.

They hugged and Xiao finally got away.

Aether: Paimon, how am i supposed to let him know I'll have to go in Inazuma soon..?

____

The next night was incredibly lonely for Aether. He missed the presence beside him as he tried to fell asleep.

Aether: You got me addicted while I'm there trying to get the sister that probably doesnt want me anymore. (If you did the quest, yk what im talking about)

He got his arm up in the air as if it helped him to think it through. But the thoughts in his head kept being blurried by either his sister or Xiao.

He didn't wanted to leave one of them behind but going to Inazuma or staying here meant one was being left out... he finally closed his eyes and that night he didn't dreamed. Black empty night.

____

Paimon: We're going back! Have you decided if we are going in Inazuma or not?

Aether: I still don't know...

Paimon: Paimon thinks it's your choice but you should talk about it to Xiao. He's the one blocking the way after all!

Aether stayed silent as he was imagining Xiao's face, empty of emotions, as he would explain his problem. Maybe Xiao didn't cared after all. Maybe these « feelings » weren't there in both ways and Xiao only wanted the sexual part of it... after all, Xiao said it himself: he only knew the sexual part.

____

Aether and Paimon: We're back!!

Verr godet: Hello!! Xiao told me you two would be back soon. Your room is still not undone if you wanna keep it for the night! How was Liyue port?

Paimon and Aether explained their trip. Later on they ate with the other workers in wangshu inn. Still no Xiao. It was only afternoon but Aether was stressing more and more about meeting him again.

He got on his room and sat on the bed still thinking about Xiao and his sister. Like a balance in his head, his sister was on one side and Xiao was on the other.

That was it. He had enough. He had to go talk with Xiao.

He got up and walked till he was one Xiao's balcony. Xiao was not there but Aether knew how to make him come ( hehe come-)

Aether: Xiao, come out, are you there?

Almost immediately, the boy appeared in front of him.

Aether ran in his arms smelling him again after only one day appart. He then realized he could never be appart of him for long. That's when it hit him.

Aether: Xiao, come with me in Inazuma.

Xiao: What? Why?

Aether: I'm going there to look for my sister and-

Xiao: You mean the « sister » that abandoned you two times? The « princess of the abyss »?? You are telling me you're ready to go in Inazuma for her?

Aether: I...

Xiao: You decide what is best and if you want me to come I will but in my head, she's not worth it.

(I know, i know, liyue need Xiao to protect them but in that fanfic Xiao can leave liyue alright)

Aether felt his cheeks getting wet and something up his throat as his arms thightned up around Xiao.

Aether: But I love her...

Xiao: i know. Do what you want my love.

Aether broke down there, in the adeptus arms slowly slipping to the floor taking Xiao with him. He cried out loud as tears were falling on him and the adepti.

Xiao: I'm not the best to comfort people...

Aether: You don't have to talk. Just...

Xiao started to pat Aether's head.

Aether: Yeah exactly...

Aether got his head up on xiao's neck as Xiao was slowly petting his pain away.