Yaksha

Aether: I have to go talk to Zhongli today, if you don't wanna come since it's in Liyue's port-

Xiao: I won't come... I'll just... take care of some demons close to the inn waiting for you.

Paimon bursted in the room were the lovers were getting ready for their days.

Paimon: So you WERE in Xiao's room...

Aether: I uh...

Paimon: We heard Xiao earlier this morning... so we guessed he probably had a guest and since you werent showing...

Xiao and Aether's face went bright red as they remembered the screams of Xiao earlier in the shower.

Xiao: I'll be going now.

He vanished leaving a black smoke behind him.

____

Aether: So did you saw Zhongli or not?

Childe: I told you I didn't today! He probably is still at the restaurant Third-Ground Knockout, like every morning.

Aether: That's what we needed to know, thanks.

Childe muttered something under his breath but Aether didn't cared. He was still in the fence with Childe since... the betrayal.

Paimon: Look!

When Aether turned around he saw Zhongli waving at them from the restaurant. They, of course, went to see him.

____

Aether: Are you sure you can't tell me anything else?

Zhongli: I have a contract. I am sorry traveller.

They both went silent. Aether wanted to talk with Zhongli about his sister hoping it would lead him somewhere... but it didn't.

Zhongli: But i sure can tell you that Inazuma might have some answers for you.

Paimon: Then paimon guesses that we will go there now...

Zhongli: Talking about that, I heard from the adeptis that Xiao was going to travel with you two from now on? May I ask how did you convince him?

Aether: We uhm... I just... grew a strong friendship with him.

Paimon: Yeah, so strong right-

Aether gave Paimon a death stare as she looked away, scared to not be feed for days after that.

Zhongli: Don't stress yourself. I totally agree with that decision of his. He can finally see the world and understand that he is not only a weapon, but a living being.

Aether looked at Zhongli with so much amazement. He wanted to know more about Xiao's past. But he also wanted to respect his limits and wait for Xiao to open up himself. He started to smile a little knowing he was the reason Xiao would feel better in this world.

Zhongli: I will now let you be and wish you the best of luck in Inazuma. I'll always be here in liyue if you need a chat or want to drink some tea.

____

Xiao: Aether, faster. We need to go now.

Aether: Paimon is the problem!

They were packing for their trips and didn't wanted to miss baidou's boat. But Paimon was making things difficult.

Paimon: It's not Paimon's fault if you two didn't think about the food!

She basically had four bags of only food with her. And they were only going on a boat for a day or so.

Xiao: I'll teleport us, that's it.

He came closer to paimon, grabing her like she was a pillow and he grabbed Aether's waist to pull him closer.

The blonde boy blushed at this sudden movement from his partner and looked at him. Xiao had pretty eyes... a pretty face... his little pointy nose was making him look softer than he wished he looked but Aether loved it so much...

____

Aether: You are not used to receive compliments don't you?

Xiao: Yakshas don't need compliments.

They stared at the sea in front of them. They already could not see liyue and were now in the middle of the sea.

Aether turned around to see Xiao's face flushed in red.

Aether: Your face does not match what you say.

He smiled at Xiao, closing his eyes.

Xiao who turned around after this comment saw his smile and couldn't help his lips from going up as well.

Xiao: Tch...

Aether: You know... you have the right to be treated well and be loved Xiao...

The young adepti gazed at the ocean, not answering. He was never told that and deep down he had this feeling... a new one... like something burried in his heart had just came to surface.

Aether looked at him with attention. He wondered what he was thinking about...

Xiao: What is treated well to you?

Aether: To be taken care of? To be... loved.

Xiao's eyebrows frowned before he turned around to look at aether.

Xiao: I don't know... but i can tell you i... feel good around you. Like my karmic dept was... not there anymore.

Aether: Karmic dept?

Xiao: I was called here to protect liyue and us, the yakshas, killed so many demons that we have to suffer forever. The others yakshas didn't survive it. That's the karmic dept. In my head, i hear the voice of the demons i've killed... but around you, they stop talking...

The blond boy looked at the sea and breathed in as strong as he could. He let out the air slowly.

Aether: I'm glad.

They looked at eachoter. Xiao's hand reached for Aether's cheek but as soon as he was about to touch him he took his hand away.

But the blond grabbed it still looking in Xiao's eyes.

Aether: Come with me.

He squeezed Xiao's hand and started walking.

They ended up in the storage for their suitcases.

Xiao: Why did you bring us her-

He was cutoff by Aether's lips crashing onto his.

Xiao responded to the kiss slowly. But it was like Aether was rushing things, kissing him faster and faster. Putting one of his hand behind Xiao's head, deepening the kiss.

Xiao moved away, putting his hand on Aether's chest to keep him away from his lips.

Xiao: Are you okay??

The traveller didn't answered. He brought his hand on Xiao's hips, trying to pull him toward his body.

Xiao: Aether...

As he saw Aether look down, he saw some water drip from his face.

Aether: I'm... S-so h-h-happy that you can f-finally... rest when i am a-around...

Xiao's eyes widened. He took Aether's face in his hand and forced him to look up.

Xiao: You don't have to put yourself in such a state for that.

Aether pulled Xiao in a tight hug and this time Xiao didn't fight it. He instead wrapped his arm around Aether, resting his head on the shoulder of the taller one.