Chapter 1: Attack of the Clones PT.1

Some years have gone by and there is unrest in the Galactic Senate. Several thousand solar systems have declared their intentions to leave the Republic. Senator Padmé Amidala, the former Queen of Naboo, arrives on Coruscant to vote on a motion to create an army to assist the overwhelmed Jedi against the Separatist movement organized by Count Dooku, a former Jedi Master. However, upon Padmé's arrival, an explosion meant to claim her life takes the life of her decoy, handmaiden, Cordae. The Senator is then rushed away from the landing pad to meet with Supreme Chancellor Shiv Palpatine and members of the Jedi Council, like Ki-Adi-Mundi, Mace Windu and Grand Master Yoda.

 The Senator is then rushed away from the landing pad to meet with Supreme Chancellor Shiv Palpatine and members of the Jedi Council, like Ki-Adi-Mundi, Mace Windu and Grand Master Yoda

Palpatine: I don't know how much longer I can hold off the vote, my friends. More and more star systems are joining the Separatists.

Mace Windu: If they do break away--

Palpatine: No! I will not let that happen! I will not like this Republic, that has stood for over a thousand years, be split in two. My negotiations will not fail.

Mace Windu: But if they do, you must realise there aren't enough Jedi to protect the Republic. We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers.

Palpatine: Master Yoda, do you think it will really come to war?

Yoda: The Dark Side clouds everything. 

Yoda closes his eyes as he continues.

Yoda: Impossible to see, the future is.

A hologram of an Aide, Dar Wac, appears on the Chancellor's desk.

Dar Wac: (In foreign language) The loyalist committee has arrived, my Lord. 

Palpatine: Good. Send them in.

They all stand as Senator Amidala, Captain Typho, Jar JarBinks, Mas Amedda, Dormé, and Senators Bail Organa, Horox Ryyder and Orn Free Taa enter the office. Master Yoda and MaceWindu go to greet the Senator, Yoda taps Amidala with his cane.

Yoda: With you the force is strong...young Senator. To see you alive brings warm feeling to my heart.

Padmé: Thank you, Master Yoda. Do you have any idea who was behind the attack?

Mace Windu: Our intelligence points to disgruntled spice miners, on the moons of Naboo.

Padmé: I don't wish to disagree but I think that Count Dooku was behind it.

There is a stir of surprise.

Mace Windu: You know, M'Lady, Count Dooku was once a Jedi. He wouldn't assassinate anyone, it is not in his character.

Ki-Adi-Mundi: He is a political idealist, not a murderer.

Yoda: In dark times nothing is what it appears to be, but the fact remains Senator, in grave danger you are.

Palpatine stands up, walks to the window, and looks out at the vast city.

Palpatine: Count Dooku has always avoided any kind of conflict. It appears he has no desire to start a war. Why would he kill you? To what end?