Chapter 13: Ambush

On the moon of Rugosa, King Katuunko and two of his Toydarian guards exit their ship. The Toydarian king, Katuunko uses his scanner to look for the Republic ship holding Master Yoda and Y/n. 

Toydarian Guard: We are getting no signal from the Republic, Your Highness. 

Katuunko: I don't see anything. It is not like the Jedi to be late. 

Out of nowhere, Ventress and a few of the Separatist Battle Droids walk up to Katuunko.

Asajj Ventress: Greetings, King Katuunko. 

Ventress bows to the king. The Toydarian guards raise their guns at her, but Katuunko lowers their weapons down.

Katuunko: Who are you?

Asajj Ventress: I am only a messenger, Majesty. My master wishes to speak with you.

Ventress uses the Force to place down a holotransmitter as it hovers slightly off the ground. A hologram of Count Dooku appears.

Count Dooku: (V.O.) Katuunko, Great King of Toydaria, forgive my intrusion. 

Katuunko: Count Dooku.

Count Dooku: (V.O.) I am aware Master Yoda hopes you will allow the Jedi to build a Republic base in your system in exchange for protection, correct?

Katuunko: Your spies serve you well, Count. 

Count Dooku: (V.O.) I ask, how can the Jedi protect you if they cannot protect themselves? 

In space, a Republic cruiser travels toward Rugosa. A clone was trying to make contact with Katuunko just before Yoda and Y/n entered the room.

Clone: General, the Toydarians' beacon is active on the moon, but all our transmissions are being jammed. 

Yoda: Hmm.

Y/n: I've got a bad feeling about this.

As the cruiser flew closer to Rugosa, a Separatist cruiser came out of hyperspace and started shooting at the Republic ship,  causing the cruiser to rock. Another Separatist cruiser appeared as well.

Clone: We're losing our shields!

Yoda: Too late it is. Sprung is the trap. 

The Republic ship flew trying to avoid the Separatist lasers.

Clone: I must get you two to safety, General.

Yoda: Retreat you must. On the moon below is our mission. There we must go. 

The Separatist Dreadnoughts continue firing at the cruiser, damaging the ship badly.

Yoda: Quickly now. Reach the moon's surface we must. 

Clone: In an escape pod, sir? The enemy will fire at anything we launch. 

Yoda: Then launch all of them you will, hmm?

Y/n: It's our only option. What do we have to lose?

Yoda, Y/n, and three clones, Rys, Thire, and Jek, proceed to walk over to an escape pod.

The Republic cruiser launched all of the escape pods out of the ship.

On the moon, King Katuunko continues to speak with Count Dooku.

Count Dooku: (V.O.) Master Yoda and Marek's powers have been greatly exaggerated. 

Katuunko: That remains to be seen, Count. 

Count Dooku: (V.O.) Indeed. But when you decide to join us, my apprentice will contact me. 

Dooku bows and the hologram turns off.