Chapter 5: Attack of the Clones PT.5

In the gloomy tunnel, Anakin, Y/n and Padmé are tossed into an open cart. The murmur of a vast crowd is heard. Guards extend their arms along the framework and tie them so that they stand facing each other.

The driver gets up onto his seat.

Y/n: Don't be afraid.

Anakin: I'm not afraid.

Padmé: And neither am I.

It was silent for a moment. The only thing that could be heard were the murmurs from the audience out in the stadium.

Y/n: Well, if we are going to die on this planet... there's something I've been meaning to tell you, Anakin...for a while now..

Anakin: What are you talking about?

Y/n: ...I love you, Annie.

Anakin: W-What?? I thought we decided not to fall in love. Because of the Jedi Code. Because we would be expelled from the Order. We would be forced to live a lie. That it would destroy our lives...

Y/n: Heh... Well, I think our lives are pretty much over now... I just- before we die.. I want you to know. I don't care what happens.. I can't contain my feelings anymore... I love you..

Anakin leans toward Y/n and the two share a kiss. Padmé was silent the entire time as she smiled at the two.

The driver cracks his whip over the Orray harnessed between the shafts. The cart jerks forward. Suddenly, there is a huge roar and blinding sunlight as they emerge into the arena.

The great stadium is packed with tier upon tier of yelling Geonosians. The cart trundles to the center, where Obi-Wan is chained to one of four upright posts that are three feet in diameter. The cart stops. Y/n and Anakin are taken down, dragged to posts, and chained to them. Anakin is next to Obi-Wan and Y/n is on Padmé's right. Padmé pulls a wire from her clothing and places it in her mouth.

Obi-Wan: I was beginning to wonder if you had gotten my message.

Anakin: I retransmitted it as you requested, Master. Then we decided to come and rescue you.

Kenobi looks at the mess they were in now and how the "rescue" went so far.

Obi-Wan: Good job!

Their arms are pulled high above their heads, and the cart drives away. There is another roar as Poggle the Lesser, Count Dooku, Nute Gunray, the Fetts and Dignitaries arrive in the archducal box and take their places.

Sun Fac: The felons before you have been convicted of espionage against the Sovereign System of Geonosis. Their sentence of death is to be carried out in this public arena henceforth.

The crowd roars and cheers. In the box, Poggle the Lesser rises. The crowd becomes quiet.

Poggle: Let the executions begin!

The crowd goes wild.

From different gates around the arena, three Monsters are driven in. One is a Reek (bull-like), one is a Nexu (lion like), and one is an Acklay (a kind of dino-lobster). They are driven in by Picadors carrying long spears and riding Orrays. The Picadors poke the monsters toward the center, then retire to the perimeter.

Anakin: I've got a bad feeling about this.

The monsters toss their heads, looking around, roaring or Screeching. Then they catch sight of the four captives and start moving toward them.

Obi-Wan: Take the one on the right. I'll take the one on the left.

Anakin: What about Padmé and Y/n?