Chapter 16: Downfall of a Droid

On Coruscant, it is a bright sunny day as speeders fly around in traffic. At the Jedi Temple, Jedi Knights and their Padawan's can be seen walking and chatting. Some can even be seen meditating, either sitting on the ground or using the Force to levitate themselves off the ground with their legs crossed. Inside the Jedi Temple dormitory, Y/n is sitting in front of a table inside of his quarters in silence, using a screwdriver on a few small metal pieces and old robotic parts with wires scattered around, trying to put something together from scratch. 

Marek is working on a small project to pass the time after being told to stay behind at the temple while Anakin and Ahsoka are out in space tracking down General Grievous ever since the attack on a Republic outpost on the Rishi Moon which was destroyed by Captain Rex, Commander Cody, and two other clone survivors nicknamed Fives and Echo in order to alert Anakin's fleet.

With his eyes placed on what looks to be parts of an arm and hand made out of old droids parts and junk, Y/n places his screwdriver down on the table and holds out his hands over the pieces and closes his eyes, using the Force in an attempt to assemble the droid parts together. He soon imagined a picture of how he wanted the limb to look. 

While slowly and steadily connecting the pieces together and tightening the screws with the Force, the Jedi is suddenly interrupted by his comm link beeping, startling him as he loses his concentration causing the parts to drop and fall apart

While slowly and steadily connecting the pieces together and tightening the screws with the Force, the Jedi is suddenly interrupted by his comm link beeping, startling him as he loses his concentration causing the parts to drop and fall apart. Y/n presses a button on his wrist and answers the call and a hologram of Master Yoda appears. 

Yoda: (V.O.) Marek, meet with me in the High Council Chambers immediately, you must. Hmm.

Y/n: Of course, Master. Right away.

The hologram disappears and Y/n stands from his seat and exits his room, shutting the door behind him before walking through the temple's corridors towards the Council Chamber. 

//High Council Chambers//

Once Y/n enters the room, he finds Master Yoda speaking to a young Zabrak female and approaches them. The two notice Marek's presence and turn their attention to him.

Y/n: You wished to see me, Master?

Yoda: Yes. Someone for you to meet, I have. Maris brood, this is. Your new Padawan.