Chapter 17: Duel of the Droids

Out in space, Y/n's personal starfighter jumps out of hyperspace. He looks at his scanners to see the Trandoshan's ship a few miles away and headed towards a Ruusan moon. As Y/n follows the ship, he suddenly receives a message coming from it. He then presses a few buttons in front of him, hearing the transmission more clearly and recognizes a familiar sound.

Y/n: I know that sound, that's gotta be Artoo.

Y/n's droid beeps cheerfully and keeps the tracker locked onto the ship.

Meanwhile in the Twilight, Anakin, Ahsoka, Maris, Rex, R3, and a few clones are still searching for the Separatist listening post.

Rex: We've searched their supply grids, sir. There's nothing to indicate the presence of an enemy outpost.

As Ahsoka stands over the transmission terminal she receives the same transmission as Y/n.

Ahsoka: Master, I'm receiving a strange transmission. I can't make it out.

She presses a button so the rest of them can hear it, but all the only sounds they hear are distorted beeps.

Ahsoka: Boost the volume, Goldie.

R3 beeps and works with the panel in front of him but the signal starts getting weaker.

Anakin: No, you're losing it!

Anakin walks over and slams her hand on a button the sound of Artoo's beeping is heard.

Anakin: That's Artoo.

Ahsoka: Uh, that doesn't sound like Artoo.

Maris: Are you sure, Master Skywalker?

Anakin: It's him. I could never forget that voice. Trace it, Rex.

Rex nods.

Rex: Sir.

Ahsoka: Master, our orders were to find the Separatist listening post.

Maris: And Master Marek was to find the droid.

Anakin: Perhaps Artoo and Y/n are at the listening post. Did you two consider that?

Rex: We have a lock on the droid's location, sir.

Anakin: Prepare to jump to those coordinates.

The clones get the ship ready to launch to lightspeed.

Anakin: Hold on, Artoo, old buddy. We're coming. We're coming.

The Twilight changes direction and jumps into hyperspace.

Inside Gha Nachkt's ship, Artoo is eventually discovered and electrocuted by the Trandoshan and brought to General Grievous' listening post. Gha then contacts the general.

General Grievous: (V.O.) What is it, Gha Nachkt?

Gha: I've arrived. Could you lower your shields?

Grievous' listening post's shields deactivate and Gha lands his ship in its hangar. The Trandoshan forces Artoo to stroll out and meet with Grievous.

Gha: This is the droid those Jedi came looking for, General.

General Grievous: What secrets do you carry, my little friend?

Artoo beeps in refusal to comply.

General Grievous: So defiant. No need for fear. Hahahah. We're all droids here. Rip this little rat apart, and find out everything he knows.

Artoo scoots backwards, stubbing Gha's toes and he holds it in pain.

Gha: R-Right away, General.

Gha shocks Artoo again, making the small droid move to the next room to be disassembled.