Chapter One

Warning(s):

Words: 1221

"Hotch? I've got something for you." JJ said walking into Hotch's office, her black high heels making a clicking sound as she walked into the room.

"You can show the case during a briefing with the rest of the team, you don't need to show it to me first, JJ."

"No, it's um, it's a job application."

"What? We just got Emily, we don't need anyone else on the team. Why would you bring this to me?"

"It's just- I thought you would be particularly interested in this one," JJ said, opening the yellow paper folder, revealing a few papers with the words Theodore Thomas Greenfield written in bold text at the front.

Agent Hotchner sighed reading through the first page critically. "Shouldn't you be showing this to Gideon?"

"I was going to but-"

"He sent it over to me."

"Yes, seem interesting?"

"We don't need another agent."

"He's from the CIA, clearly he's skilled."

"You're right he's from the CIA so why come here? This precinct is a lot smaller than what he would be used to."

"I'm not too sure it says he's been under several undercover operations, maybe wanted a change?"

"Maybe, Some of this paperwork just looks... off and could be forged. I would have to check in with the CIA to make sure it's official."

"So... you'll look into it?"

"Yes JJ, bring it up at the briefing. I want to know the rest of the team's input."

"Yes sir." JJ smiled walking out of the room, she walked into the briefing room where Morgan and Reid were already sitting, Reid typing something on his laptop.

JJ set up everything she needed for the briefing. Deciding to show the job application first before getting into the more gruesome reason for their being called, a double homicide in the upper peninsula of Michigan.

"Whatcha got there JJ?" Morgan asked, drawing Reid's attention away from his laptop and closing it.

"Just an application Hotch wanted us to look at."

"Like... a job application? Why does he want us to look at it?"

JJ shrugged "get our opinion I guess."

"Didn't ask for our opinion on Emily, she just showed up," Morgen muttered

"That's because he was trying his best to get Emily fired for the first week she was on the team." Spencer imputed throwing his pen at Morgen's head missing horrendously.

"Well she's been here for less than a month, seems a bit sudden to bring someone else to the team." Morgen grinned sticking his tongue out at Spencer.

"It's more common for employees to be hired in batches instead of one every once in a while, experts say-"

"Yeah thanks, Reid, didn't need your input."

After waiting around ten minutes everyone else slowly trickled into the room, chatting with each other until JJ called for their attention.

"Before we start the briefing I have been requested by Hotch to present a job application to see if they should join the team," JJ said reading off information about the possible new employee talking about their experience and where they trained for the FBI apparently they went to Caltech getting two PhD.s in Criminal justice and psychology."

"Two PhDs, smart, pretty boy you might have some competition."

"No chance, I have three. What did you say their name was again?" Reid muttered.

"Agent Greenfield."

"Greenfield? No way, I went to the academy with them!" Morgan said excitedly standing from his seat. "Was definitely one of the best there, always talking about wanting to join the CIA."

"Talented?"

"Exceptional."

"Well... Hotch would have to do a bit of background checking but it wouldn't hurt to add Greenfield to the team." JJ smiled, handing the file over to Hotch who took it nodding towards JJ to continue the briefing.

"Well, now that that business is out of that way on to more important matters. There's been a double homicide at the upper peninsula two women were killed at their house making their three-year-old son watch we have a face and profile of 21-year-old Albert Johnson here's a photo of him on screen, who had a history of violent petty crimes as a juvenal and has been on the run for the past week."

"Why haven't the police arrested him yet," Morgan asked, crossing his arms.

"Because he's good. He's reported to be very charismatic and hot perp alert has been charming women into giving money or just holding them at gunpoint to steal their credit card and car which helps." JJ sighed.

"Wheels up in 15 if we're lucky we'll be getting debriefed by the end of the day," Hotch said standing from the table hitting the file on the table to level all the papers inside, and walking out of the room.

"Is... he alright? Seems a bit cross today," Emily piped.

"No, he seemed actually in a good mood today," Reid responded absentmindedly.

"Really? He seemed mad at something, does he ever smile?"

"No, he damaged the nerves in his mouth on a case and has lost the ability to smile, and hasn't been able to laugh in over five years," Morgan whispered grinning.

"Bullshit. I'm gullible Derek but not that gullible." Emily said scowling seeing Morgan cracking up as the two left the room making their way toward the jet.

JJ smiled looking down as she heard Morgan ramble on about this new agent that he trained with, this attractive young blond girl a 'real badass', JJ failed to mention that Greenfield was a male named Theodore but didn't want to ruin the fun for Morgen, thought it would be fun to make fun of him about it later.

The case was a quick one tracking down the unsub only took four days without much of a confrontation at the end. The team getting home the following night went out for drinks and generally just celebrated the job well done.

It was the following week that Hotch approved the transfer for Theodore Thomas Greenfield his first day starting that Wednesday. Everyone waited patiently for Greenfield to walk into the room, all sitting at their desks taking glances at the glass door every once in a while Morgan  the most excited out of the group.

They seemed to wait an hour even though it was around just five minutes when a new figure walked into the room. He was tall, not as tall as Reid probably around 5'8 he had very soft narrow features and petite facial features. He had full lips, hazel eyes, and olive skin. His blond hair was thin and parted at the front of his head his hair curled at the front becoming wavier towards the back of his head.

The man looked around the room, his eyes wide a slight smile on his face before making his way over to Hotch's office a leather bookbag slung over his shoulder.

"Looks a bit different than what you described huh Morgen." JJ smiled looking up at Morgen who looked a bit mortified.

"Didn't you go on a rant about how attractive this agent was? Didn't know you found men attractive." Reid smiled looking over at Morgen who was shooting daggers.

"Clearly I was talking about someone else,"

The group made jokes about Morgen poking fun at him till the man came back out again Hotch followed close behind.

"Everyone, I'd like to welcome the newest member of team Theodore Greenfield. He'll be joining us for our next mission, make sure to make him feel at home." Hotch nodded towards Theodore before returning to his office leaving Theodore looking around the room not sure where to go hunched over slightly and waved at the group.