Chapter Three

Warning(s):  none

Words: 1577

Turns out Teddy was right, after two more fires one at 1177 Redwood court and 5734 Yongbear lane, Reid had set up a circle of homes where the unsub could strike next. Teddy proposed the unsub could be somehow spelling his name with the fires and after looking back at the interviews they conducted this narcissism matched Henry Williams one of the first suspects they had.

Garcia dug up his address and they had to chase him down as Henry fled his house ending in Teddy tackling the taller man to the ground.

Teddy had managed to impress Reid, he hadn't even considered looking into what the names of the addresses could mean until Teddy suggested it and Reid planned on returning to the team with high praise about him.

"Hey, sorry you missed your board game con," Teddy said sitting down next to Reid on the jet ride home. It was late and Reid planned on sleeping on the way back.

"It's no big deal really, there will be another."

"I know it's not the same, but there is this retirement home close by that has a board game night every other Friday that's actually pretty cool."

"I'll pass I think, thanks for offering though."

"All right, but you haven't played cards until you've seen these grandmas, they're crazy."

"You should ask Prentiss, that seems like something she would like." Reid chuckled digging through his bag to find a book.

"Emily Prentiss, she seems great. Would definitely want to get to know her better."

"She's gay."

"OK? So am I."

"Oh, sorry, it sounded like you were trying to get her number or something," Reid mumbled a bit embarrassed.

"Uh, no. Not my type." Teddy said, looking away, also embarrassed.

"How long have you known?"

"Not quite sure, I want to say when I was thirteen but I think I've always been aware of it and just didn't have the words to describe it." The two didn't talk the rest of the jet ride, the tension in the cabin was able to be cut with a knife. 

Once they got back Teddy found himself getting into the groove of the team finding satisfaction in getting back into the work of putting twisted excuses of people away. Teddy found himself drawn to talk to JJ and Prentiss becoming close to the two women and semi-hating himself for it. He had it set in his mind that it was still feminine in nature for him to be more drawn to the two women but tried not to think about it too much, compensating for that anxiety by becoming closer to Reid.

Spencer Reid was a genius and anyone could see that and Teddy loved picking his brain. Emotionally though, Spencer wasn't as aware. Something about being trans in Teddy's case is you are more aware of yourself, your identity, and your body. After a long time, you understand yourself more than the norm because that's just not something most cis people feel the need to investigate.

"Teddy! Are you doing anything tonight?" Emily asked, striding over to Teddy who had lost himself in thought.

"No, why?"

"Teams going over to Shaw's for a drink wanna come?"

"Yeah, I can make it, what time?"

"9, want me to pick you up?"

"Sure, see you then," Teddy said, waving as he left the building to drive home.

This wasn't his first recreational outing with the team he had gone to but it was the first that everyone would be attending and he wanted to look nice.