Chapter Seven

Warning(s): none

Words: 2002

Five days, Teddy wasn't sure if five days was too long but he felt he needed the break. When he returned the team was working a case so Teddy opted to work the case back at home base with Garcia, which was just a little awkward.

"So... you did a deep search about me?" Teddy said, leaning slightly in his chair and crossing his arms in a defensive position.

"Look, I'm sorry really I am. I didn't just decide to, I was asked and I didn't want to, it really felt wrong."

"If it felt so wrong you could have just... said no, not done it. I don't know, I feel really violated right now." Teddy muttered, staring at Garcia who fidgeted around in her chair. Teddy wasn't sure if he should feel bad, he probably should. Garcia is really nice. He already picked up on that but what she did was still kinda shitty.

"And that's deserved! I get that you don't feel comfortable with me, I get that you don't trust me but I wasn't trying to get you in trouble with Hotch I swear." Garcia said, her voice wavering with emotion.

"When you had to go give a presentation to Hotch with Morgen was that about me? Please don't lie to me, Garcia." Teddy said in an accusatory manner.

Garcia didn't say anything, only looked down, which was as much a yes as actually saying something in Teddy's book.

"I'm not going to be mad at you forever, I hate being mad at people. But please just- just don't talk to me for now, okay?" Teddy sighed a bit apologetically, he felt he didn't need to apologize. Garcia was the one who snooped into his life but he still felt bad for making her this upset. "I'm going to go call Hotch and see if I can catch a flight to help everyone else out in person, you can handle everything here on your own Garcia?"

"Yes agent Greenfield, I can manage."

"Thanks." Teddy sighed walking out of the room shutting the door behind him. He sort of just walked around for a bit mulling over the guilty feeling he had trying to put it to rest convincing himself that in fact he wasn't in the wrong here. After he was sure he felt normal again he called Hotchner who approved of him flying in. After Teddy packed his bags with a lot more stuff then last time not wanting to get teased by Spencer he hopped on the jet and waited patiently for him to land. It felt weird the sitting in the jet all alone, it was oddly quiet, leaving Teddy to his thoughts.

"Greenfield, glad you could join us, we're almost ready to give out the profile, meet with Reid back at the station he can brief you." Hotch smiled, giving Teddy a firm handshake before giving him directions to the police station where they had everything set up.

As soon as Teddy stepped into the station and saw Spencer he felt as though he had woken from a trance, he hadn't even realized what a daze he was in before seeing Spencer again, it felt as though he had just comfortable woken from a long nap not fatigued at all, energized and driven, feeling like you could climb a mountain.

"Teddy! Welcome back! It's been ages, come over here there's a lot I need to catch you up on." Spencer smiled practically beaming making Teddy practically glow as he followed Spencer into a room a large whiteboard in the middle of the room stacks of papers everywhere little sticky notes tapped to some of them crime photos clipped together and spread across the room a trashcan full to the brim with crumpled of pieces of paper with coffee cups littering the room gave Teddy the impression Spencer had been working himself to the bone.

Teddy sat down in a vacant chair and listened intently as Spencer explained everything they knew about the case and why it was so odd. It was only men who were being kidnapped for around a week before they were killed and dumped somewhere in a nearby river, their ring finger chopped off post mortem. Spencer had already worked out the geographic profile.