Chapter Fourteen

Warning(s): implied sexual abuse (markers made to avoid triggers)

Words: 1432

Teddy had royally fucked up his friendship with Spencer Walter Reid and he couldn't be happier, because dating him was so much better.

Teddy loved the feeling of waking up every morning knowing someone was thinking about him, knowing there was someone who wanted to be with him, knowing there was someone to who he could send stupid memes and songs on Spotify that reminded him of Spencer and vice versa.

Every moment with Spencer was special and Teddy cherished every second of it. Life seemed perfect; they continued their work Teddy somehow avoided being a flustered mess enough for no one to notice anything. Spencer was also doing a lot better in mental health wise which was a relief for Teddy but he still kept an eye on him.

He also continued talking to Emily, JJ, and Garcia. Who he was quick to forgive especially with the prospect of being able to hang out with all 3 wonderful women, they called it girls' and gays' night out. Which Teddy loved, he sometimes got a little dysphoric over it but quickly forgot about it during the chaos that would ensue whether it be bowling, shopping, eating out, or mini golf that one time before getting a life ban when Emily somehow putted a ball into a neighboring building breaking a window in a fit of rage.

The only thing better then girls and gays hangout was spending time with Spencer, sometimes they would go on dates but it would freak out Spencer sometimes with him not being out and just generally not completely comfortable with his sexuality. Teddy completely understood so the majority of the time they would just spend time at each other's apartments.

It was actually one of these apartment hangouts that Teddy was prepping for that moment. It had already been a month into their relationship and Teddy is obsessed with anniversaries and wanted to celebrate the occasion. He was listening to a playlist he had made specifically dedicated to songs that reminded him of Spencer while preparing the vegetables for the dinner he was making humming to himself.

Taiwanese beef noodles with a pear tarte tatin dessert a little too fancy for a dinner especially with him already being strapped for cash... maybe but did it matter? Absolutely not. Teddy wanted to have a main character moment as he chopped onions and cloves of garlic frying an assortment of vegetables in a large pot with an unhealthy amount of soy sauce hunks of beef mixed in being an absolute try-hard and making his noodles and being way too much of a perfectionist if one looked a little wider then the others.

Once everything was finally finished and plated Teddy left the room to change into some black slacks and a white button-up with a colorful red and blue tie. Teddy looked at himself in the mirror smiling at how masculine he looked before leaving the room and taking out wine glasses pouring them right as he heard a knock at the door.

"One second!" Teddy called looking at his masterpiece he even folded the napkins into triangles, he was so proud of himself.

Teddy straightened his tie, he then hurriedly opened the door grinning when he saw Spencer standing awkwardly somehow dressed even fancier than Teddy also wearing black slacks and a white button-up with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He also dawned a slick matching black tie and vest which he had buttoned up all the way. His hair was slicked back with a bit more product in it than normal and a bouquet of roses in his hand.

"Oh, Spencer, you look amazing! Are those for me?" Teddy giggled pointing to the roses which Spencer looked down at, also grinning a bit more awkwardly.

"No, the roses are for my four wives whom I'm visiting right after this dinner."

"Well in that case watch your wives I've got a knife." Teddy smiled gesturing to a knife block he kept on his island earning a whistle from Spencer.