Chapter Nine

Warning(s): none

Words: 1705

Teddy was over the moon when the letter came. It was the most old fashioned way possible. It came in this yellow envelope that looked like it had been sent in 1885 but it was the best letter he had ever gotten in his life.

Finally after months he had been approved for top surgery. It was a letter from his therapist which he read over at least 10 times confirming that he was ready for the medical procedure. He immediately called his doctor and set up an appointment for them to look over everything and finally get a date on when he could go in and get spliced up.

He practically danced into work with a wide smile on his face as he took a sip from his coffee humming along to nothing in particular.

"Someone seems happy, what's up?" Spencer asked, leaning on the end of Teddy's desk.

"I finally got approved for surgery!" Teddy jittered not knowing what to do with all this energy he had.

"Top or bottom?"

"What? Oh I was scooped years ago, we're talking about top. I don't know what to do, I'm so excited!"

"Do you have a confirmed date yet?"

"No but I'm going to the doctor later today to just run through some things and we're going to set up a date from there."

"That's amazing, unusual how long it took you to get approved."

"Yeah uh, thanks to good ol' PTSD my therapist was super weary about it."

"That's... not fun." Spencer mumbled looking down at Teddy before walking away from their desk at what looked like a mountain of paperwork at his own.

"Greenfield are you alright?" Hotchner asked, passing by Teddy on the way to his office.

"What? Yeah I'm fine." Teddy chirped, glancing over at the stone-faced man as he slowed down slightly.

"Good good, well if you don't have a reason to be wearing that I would like you to show up to work tomorrow in something more business attire, I. Just because we aren't in the field doesn't mean we shouldn't look our finest." Hotchner said, looking down at Teddy before continuing to walk to his office.

Teddy looked down at his favorite oversized blue hoodie, a print of starry night in the middle. His doctor had advised him to not wear his binder for a while said it would help with the surgery somehow and since he was only limited to sports bras gender dysphoria was starting to rear it's ugly head again.

The day was rather uneventful and Teddy was just excited to get home paperwork was definitely something he hadn't intended on being one of the key parts of his job. It was weird how mundane the job could be one moment and then there chasing after crazy murderers the next.

By the time he had clocked out his hands were crapped and sore and he was ready to lay down on his bed and die, he was in tunnel vision of making his way to his vehicle when he got a tap on his shoulder.

"Spencer, hey what's up?" Teddy said cheerfully, turning to face the man who fidgeted beside him. "Something wrong?"

"I- I think so- maybe um, not wrong just... I need to talk to you."

"Alright, what's bothering you?"

Spencer glanced around the practically deserted parking lot clearly agitated.

"Not here... it's kind of serious, are you free for dinner? I really need to talk to someone and you seemed like my best bet."

"How bold of you Dr Reid, yeah I'm free we can meet up. How about that Japanese grill place that just opened?"