Chapter 26

*A/N: A sort of filler in preperation for the next chapters- for which I am going to be going back to a few chapters ago where I said I would dedicate and do them at last! Because the next few chapters are going to be where you will all want to stab me so I'm sorry!..... Anyway on with the chapter, thank you for reading, enjoy, vote and comment! Xxx

Chapter 26

"You may see him now." My eyes snap up from fiddling with my fingers. The nurse stands in her green scrubs and smiles brightly as she ushers me along, Mikey by my side.

"He won't gain his sight back yet, it could take a few weeks before the bruising goes down and the bandages come off. He is in and out of consciousness at the moment." 

"Thank you nurse." Mikey says as we pull up to a closed off room. I stop in my tracks outside of it, my legs shaking, my palms sweating and my throat suddenly dry and scratchy. 

Mikey turns to me, he looks into my eyes and sees something there, he knows what I need to do. It's killing me, it hurts in my chest and my heart won't stop beating. I wish it would, just for a second so the pain could go away. 
"I dont think I can do this." I gasp to him, choking back on a sob, I won't cry. Not in front of him.

"Then don't." He snaps, I give him a sad scowl. He knows I have no choice, he won't need me anymore, he won't want me anymore. 

"I have to." I sigh, reaching into my pocket I pull out the small paper feeling like a ten tonne weight in my hand. "Tell him I love him, give him this." I hand over the letter feeling my heart jump out of my chest.

"He will always be here waiting for you." Mikey tells me before slipping into the room. I hear a faint mumbling and a chuckle I know all to well.

I need to go. I need to go before it's too late. 

As I walk from the unit I know this is the worst mistake I'll ever make.