Here We Go Again

It had been a little over a year since the eventful vacation the Watterson family had spent together in Elmore National Park. It sparked newfound discoveries within the family, including new adventures and hardships, but in true Watterson fashion, the family had endured it together, leaving no one behind. The summer season had once again kicked off, with children from Elmore Junior High jubilantly running down the steps to reunite with their parents to kick off the summer holidays once again...Gumball Watterson was also amongst the parents waiting, except he was in his pajamas and the fur on top of his head was frizzled, earning strange glares from parents surrounding him. 

A familiar rainbow llama soon approached the blue feline, a slight chuckle emanating from him as he placed a hand on the shoulder of the cat.

"Geez Gumball! Did the night shift really affect you that much that you forgot to get dressed this morning?"

Gumball soon turned to face the rainbow figure next to him, the sun beating down on his fur seemed to make him even more lethargic from its warm embrace and presence.

"Oh....Hey Tobias.....*yawn* You here to pick up the kids as well?"

Tobias soon gave a confused expression.

"It also seems your hearing is a little delayed too huh? I asked you about why you're in a t-shirt and Pajama boxers dude! The night shift must have really done a number on you! I guess Masami really has been overworking you guys in the accounting department."

Gumball soon rubbed his eyes to regain a bit of consciousness as to what was being said of him.

"Oh yeah....sorry about that Tobias, I arrived home late last night and barely had any time to gain sleep...I guess wasn't expecting the alarm to be waking me up at 3:00PM so quickly, heh..."

Tobias soon provided a sympathetic look for the feline.

"No worries dude! We know how much work and effort you guys have been doing in accounting, you guys keep the company afloat, and help in the allocation of our wages...to be forgiven for showing up in the current state you're in is pretty much a no brainer. The rainbow factory is nothing without you guys!"

Gumball turned and gave a slight smirk, the purple outlines underneath his eyes were more prominent, the signs of mental overexertion were apparent.

"Than-*yawn* thanks a lot Tobias, that's truly kind of you dude!"

Tobias smiled.

"Don't mention it dude! Oh! Another thing....there's a cruise to the Hawaiian islands that almost everyone in Elmore is taking, do you think we'll see you guys there?!"

Gumball slightly became alarmed by the question.

"Oh! Uh....I hadn't really booked any tickets for us to go on a cruise this summer....Tristan and Penelope were really looking forward to spending time with their cousins Anastasia and Vlad at our parents place, Mom and Dad wanted to return the favor from staying at our place last summer."

"Well your brother Darwin was going to be heading to the mall later today, there's a sweepstakes draw that they're holding for the last few tickets, it's only 5 bucks to enter, so it would be a great opportunity for you guys to get the final reservations for your family on that cruise!"

Gumball stood and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Thanks Tobias, I'll be sure to look into it with Darwin."

The rainbow llama then saw his two kids coming down the steps to greet him.

"Don't forget dude! This is going to be an awesome cruise!"