The Former Adversary

There was a sudden silence to the crowd of the ship, as the captain emerged from the sea of passengers and crew aboard the ship.

"Attention everyone! May I please have your attention!?"

The Walrus said in a commanding, yet professional manner. Soon, most of the passengers were directing their attention towards the Walrus captain.

"I understand this situation may seem foreboding and ominous to many of you, but I can assure everyone that everything is well in hand, and our crew is working tirelessly to restore our navigational systems since they were lost this morning."

A slight unnerve arose from the crowd as the captain continued his announcement.

"You are free to leave the ship and roam the island as you please, but it is highly advised to travel in groups and to have some form of protection. This island did not appear on any of our records or charts; so we truly are possibly the first of the civilized world to have discovered it."

The walrus captain announced, as Gumball looked to his right as he saw Penny, his kids, and the rest of the Watterson family approaching him. Penny gave a quick peck on the cheek of the blue feline, as Tristan grabbed his father's paw.

"It seems like we have discovered a new part of the planet Dad! What do you think we'll find?"

Tristan said in an excited and jubilant tone of voice, as Gumball picked up the small blue kitten and held him in his arms.

"We'll have to ask your mother what she thinks of the situation little man, she's not exactly fond of you and I getting into unnecessary danger....As fun as the prospect of having a little fun and danger would be."

Gumball whispered to the blue feline with a wink, prompting a chuckle out of the blue kitten.

Penny turned and rolled her eyes at the remark.

"Look boys, I just don't want you both to get hurt! You don't know what this island brings with it in terms of dangers and threats! If we're going on an expedition or exploring anything of the sort, we must do it in groups or as a family! The Watterson family always watches each others' backs!"

Penny stated, as Nicole soon interjected.

"I couldn't have said it any better myself Penny!"

Nicole soon placing a paw on the yellow fairy's shoulder and smiling.

"Gumball and Tristan, especially Gumball, I understand how you both are eager to explore such daring endeavors; but you must remain aware of the dangers that lie ahead of you!"

Penny said with an expressed worry in her voice, as Gumball gave a reassuring smile.

"No worries honey! Tristan and I are the dynamic duo! Isn't that right little man? Tristan?"

Gumball asked, as he looked around to see that Tristan was nowhere to be seen. The little blue kitten had seemingly vanished from his arms, and was now lost on a massive vessel.

"He was just in your arms two seconds ago Gumball! Where could he have possibly gone off to?!"

Penny said in an annoyed and worried tone, as Gumball was visibly trying to restrain himself from panicking and playing terrifying scenarios of his wife and mother sending him to the shadow realm for losing their son/grandson.

"Uh.....n-no worries Penny! I'm sure he didn't go far, you know how we were as kids! Always adventurous, curious, and-"

"What is that kid doing? He's going towards the jungle!"

Gumball was cut off by one of the passengers spotting Tristan running on the beach towards the jungle of the island.

Both Penny and Gumball ran over to the railing of the cruise ship, Penelope also still in her mother's arms.