The Old Friend

The blue cat and glitchy humanoid were stunned to see one another, especially in such a long duration of time.

The crowd below the stage were dead silent, a pin drop could be heard across the resort town.

Suddenly, Rob extended a hand.

"How are you doing my old nemesis? Or should I say....friend?"

Rob said, giving a warm smile to the feline; as Gumball accepted the gesture of help.

"Rob! How?! I thought you sacrificed yourself to save Elmore when the void was about to tear everything apart! How did you manage to survive dude?!"

Gumball asked, as Rob let out a sigh and a soft smile.

"I was as baffled as you are right now. I guess....the void no longer viewed me as a mistake from Elmore, but instead something that was integral to its survival....when I fell into the abyss of the void there was a white light, and then when I regained my consciousness, I was here!"

Rob explained, as Gumball slowly dusted some dirt off of his clothes.

"So....are you the leader of this place?"

Gumball asked, as Rob snapped back to reality after a momentary spell of memories and daydreaming.

"Oh! I guess you've found our little secret, huh? Well.....let me introduce you to paradise my friend!"

Rob stated, as he once again got on the microphone and pulled Gumball closer to him by his shoulder.

"Ladies and gentleman! Let's give my good friend and former adversary Gumball Watterson a warm welcome to our humble abode!"

Rob announced, as the crowd began to cheer loudly and enthusiastically.

"He and I have a history, one that is filled with challenges, quarrels, and eventual friendship! I want you all to treat him as one of our own, he deserves that much at the very least!"

Rob announced, as Gumball turned and tapped Rob on the shoulder.

"Uh....Rob? I'm not the only one who arrived on this island."

Gumball stated, as he pointed his claw towards the cliff where the Watterson family, along with the rest of the passengers and crew from the cruise ship, were waving and smiling awkwardly.

Rob smiled, as he waved to the Elmore passengers above.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Watterson! Darwin, Anais, Carrie, Penny! It's all so wonderful to see so many familiar faces from Elmore....actually it seems everyone is from the town of Elmore up there!"

Rob then directed his attention to the Watterson kids, who were all next to Richard and Nicole.

Rob smiled, and then turned to Gumball.

"I never took you for the family man, Gumball! Congratulations!"

Rob remarked, as he placed a hand on Gumball's shoulder.

"I never really saw myself as being one either, Rob."

Gumball said, as Rob turned back to the Elmore passengers.

"Well, just to let you all know there is a trail just a few feet from where you all are standing that should lead to down to our little resort! Just be sure to watch your step, there are a few spiders who are a little scary, but are completely harmless!"

Rob warned, as Gumball let out a little shiver and whispered to himself.

"You can say THAT again...."

================================================================================

Residents of the island and the Elmore passengers conversed, sharing laughter and exchanging stories from their lives. The resort town of "Little Elmore" was bustling now more than ever, as Rob was walking with the Watterson family; giving them a tour of the sights and sounds.