The Return of the Cottontail Cavalier

Anais, Tristan, Nicole, and Gumball continued to push forward along the quiet and vacuous streets of the Void. Surprisingly to Gumball's amazement, the Void was a lot more...structured than when he was an adolescent feline. There was a notable decrease in the amount of parkour traversal, as opposed to when he was last here with Darwin so many years ago; which was extremely welcoming considering the exorbitant amount of walking the four had done since they left the park.

Gumball had been carrying Tristan on his shoulders to alleviate the pain the kitten had felt in his feet earlier, and the last thing Gumball wanted was for his son was to endure calluses on his paws.

"Keep an eye out for any anomalies or portals, the more we find of our lost family members; the faster we can get out of here."

Anais stated, as the four continued to walk towards another intersection, that had flashing traffic lights that were in obvious disrepair.

"Huh...this reminds me of a horror game Darwin and I used to play on the Polystation when we were kids...it was a rather spooky game...."Quiet Incline", I believe it was called."

Gumball remarked, as Nicole's ears perked up.

"Ahhhh, so THAT'S why you two were so scared to venture out on foggy nights! I knew it wasn't a great idea when I read the parental warnings on the packaging....you silly troublemakers..."

Nicole remarked with a warm grin, as she gave a slight nudge to Gumball on the arm.

"Yeah...but hey! We finally beat the game....like....3 years later...and when we actually mustered the courage to get through that one weird scythe carrying enemy..."

Gumball and Nicole chuckled, as Tristan pointed ahead of them; drawing the attention of the two felines and pink rabbit.

"It...looks like one of those portals again Dad!"

Tristan exclaimed, as Gumball gestured his paw for a high five; to which Tristan obliged with his much smaller paw.

"Indeed it is little man! You're certainly more diligent than us adults, that's for sure!"

Gumball stated, as he gently set his son down onto the pavement once again.

Tristan commenced a stretch, which was accompanied by an adorable purr; as his joints and muscles were once again rested.

The four Watterson's then cautiously moved towards the portal, the margins of which were projecting a solid pink aura around them.

Nicole inched forward to inspect, as she began to hear subtle noises originating just beyond the entrance to the portal itself.

"Hmmmmm...this seems to be Richard's portal...the sights and sounds seem to recollect back to me of our earlier years together."

Nicole's ear continued to remain perked upwards, trying to confirm if this was indeed Richard's portal.

Gumball soon stepped forward, and stood beside his mother.

"Mom? Are you sure this isn't Granny Jojo's portal? I mean...she's a pink rabbit as well."

Instantaneously, just as Gumball had uttered this question posed to Nicole, the sound of  disembodied voices of a younger Nicole and Richard could be heard echoing beyond the portal entrance.

Nicole then turned with a slight smirk on his face, reaffirming her speculations.

"Well...I believe that answers your question little man."

Nicole then swung her tail in a gloating fashion, as she entered the portal.

Anais could be heard chuckling with Tristan by his aunt's side, as Gumball rolled his eyes with a defeated smile.